New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    wala bang murang LSD gear oil?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Can use lsd oils as gear oils only if your differential or transmission specifies the same viscosity and API rating- which is usually a GL5 in lsd oils. But there are some manual transmissions/ transaxles that don't work well with friction modifiers in gear oils, such as lsd oils.

Most transaxles specify a GL4 gear oil.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We have lsd oil at the shop.
    LiquiMoly synthetic.
    Castrol Hyphoid C.
    Please call the shop at 724-***/****.
    Don't recall the exact prices.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    thanks jackaroo.

I noticed that you like Mobil products, I looked the french site... closest that I can see is Esso LSA.

I will just stick to the Mobilube LSA 90, since you have experienced it, Nissan dealer did give it to me, babelfish translation seems to tell something about limited diff.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    sa tingin niyo ilang liter's kaya ang laman ng differential ng hyundai H100 na van?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Sir OTEP, Pajero Experts,
    Following your procedures on early part of this thread for my Pajero 2.8 AT (local), I found that rear wheels move on different directions and ad it has no orange sticker on passenger's door jamb which means it is not LSD. Confirm ko lang sa mga owner ng ganitong ride kung talagang not LSD nga. Thanks.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Field Master::: How did you try to check the procedure? Did you move the rear tires by hand only? Or lifted the whole vehicle then engage it in gear?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Sir Ungas,
    The entire vehicle was set off the ground (as my transfercase fluid is being replaced) with rear tires hanging freely. Set the A/T shift knob to "N" and release the park brake. Rotate the left rear wheel in clockwise motion and observed the left wheel rotating in counterclockwise motion. I'm planning to replace my differential fluid this weekends.
    OT: Bad trip ngayon ko lang nabasa on other thread, Central Differential lock, I used this on pave straight road, testing ko kasi after changing the T/C fluid, ang bigat pala nito pag naka engage at ang hirap lumiko. Nasira ko kaya transfercase ko?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You should have placed it in D while the both rear tires were lifted from the ground. Normal hand spinning will not trigger the LSD to lock.

You have experienced the differential binding effect, forcing central locked 4WD on pavement. Which will not harm your transfer case yet, usually, crossjoints, front hubs or differential gears are the ones that will give way before transfer gears.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Will do that Sir Ungas. But what will be the response of LSD-equipped vehicle in doing this procedures, pag counter-rotation ba LSD yun?
    Thanks for your comments on remote possibility of my TC getting damage.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Limited Slip Differential