New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2015
    Hi All,

Do you have any idea on how many lift spring would a 22 ft, Isuzu BG1 Forward truck need? Mine has 7 lift springs on each side and we're thinking of putting a load of 15 tons.

thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    LEAF spring.

Imho, your brakes decide what your maximum payload is, not the number of leaf springs. Kahit dagdagan mo ng leaf springs pag di kinaya ng brakes sa ibaba ng bangin ka dadamputin. Just follow the maximum payload in your manual na lang.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Buy a bigger truck
    Adding a spring just make the life of you truck shorter
    Like Yebo have said it's not just adding a spring to so you can carry more load its stopping the truck when loaded
    The other way to do it is adding a pusher axle with working brakes this will also add strength to the frame
    Build a trailer with working brakes (registration issue)
    Buy a bigger truck
    Did all kinds of work like these back in the days if I can only turn back time would have done differently

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Buy a bigger truck
    Adding a spring just make the life of you truck shorter
    Like Yebo have said it's not just adding a spring to so you can carry more load its stopping the truck when loaded
    The other way to do it is adding a pusher axle with working brakes this will also add strength to the frame
    Build a trailer with working brakes (registration issue)
    Buy a bigger truck
    Did all kinds of work like these back in the days if I can only turn back time would have done differently