New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    Isketi,
    Ilan ba sa Dmax at sa Hilux.

Actually in defense of the Strada, mukhang hindi naman talaga siya meant to carry heavy stuff. Yung mismong agent na ang nagsabi na more on the recreational side siya.

Kaya nga it really depends on the customers needs.
    Yan din sabi ng Agent ko. Kaya siguro yong TV commercial sa abroad humakot sila ng sand dinala sa bundok at gumawa ng beach volleyball court.
    Di lang panghakot pangpamilya pa.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Dati meron ako Gen2 Strada parang tanda ko spring over differential na ito o mali lang ako ng tanda?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by isketi View Post
    D-Max 4x4 A/T: Curb weight: 2750 kg, Gross weight: 1930 kg = 820 kg payload
    Hilux 4x4 A/T: Curb weight: 2790 kg, Gross weight: 1880 kg = 910 kg payload

Oo nga, below 1 ton silang lahat. Naloko tayo!
    Mas malaki pa pala payload capacity ng MB100 kesa sa mga pick up. 1,700kg ayon sa firewall plate.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ARB View Post
    the old strada which among the pick-ups has the best ride has spring under the diff. it is not the configuration as other said it is the leafspring tuning. that is why there are two stage leaf packs, look at the gen2 strada when you tail them the 2 last leafs are not in contact with the 3 main leaf making it a 3+2, unlike most of the other pick-ups.

the 2wd frontier is not that hard sa rear, its the shocks, instead of 1 bounce per lubak it is 3 bounces because of the fluid rear shocks it cannot dampen the movement. you try to observe when following these vehicles.
    so most likely if I change to SOA with a different leaf set the ride can be compromised? What if I get the OME ones?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    note- if you change to SPOA you will need at least minimum 4" of lift for the front. And why do you want to change the rear suspension configuration? it has the best ride among pick-ups in its generation. I think you need better shocks to make it less bouncy, too soft suspension and crappy original shocks results in unbalanced damping.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    well, I'm actually opting for a suspension lift. I'm asking for options. Besides, one leaf from my set already broke...again...thanks for the info sir. For sure, if I'm going to change the leaf set, definitely I'd be changing the shocks. Balak ko sana parang setup ni Sir Woodfire dati. Bilsteins up front then OME at the back...but then it would take some more time, since i'd be getting the suspension lift up front... :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    another I notice the fuego series ride softer than the dmax...the fuego have very long lift springs (length wise)....may be this is also a factor to have softer ride.

I have loaded my frontier before the 750kg, lundo na ang likod. Naka tingala na ang harap...mahirap idrive ng ganun (mahina grip the front tires) ... nagiging malikot.

Sa dmax nakapagload nako ng 600kg without signs na observed sa frontier... I don't think that the 150kg difference would affect it...pero my dmax was a 2004...baka ito yung mataas ang payload capacity. And I haven't had the time to check the number of lift springs on the 3 different dmax that the office have.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Leaf spring pack over vs. under the differential