New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Are the leaf spring pics all for 4x4's? Typically a 4x2 variant will have a spring under(unless it's a pre-runner version) and the 4x4 will have the spring over suspension(except most SUV's). Although they are both leaf spring suspension there is a still a difference in the ride. The spring under will not be as bouncy as the spring over because it does not need stiffer leafs to deal with axle wrap. Axle wrap(spring wrap) is a problem with the spring over design because of the torque generated at the axle that causes the leafs to twist into a horizontal "S" shape instead of that flattened "U" shape it is originally. If you have a spring under and convert to a spring over without using stiffer leafs you'll get axle wrap as a result.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    As for ride quality, it doesn't really matter whether its spring over or spring under. It stil boils down to suspension tuning.
    sir otep, you mentioned that the safe choice for shocks would be OME over the Rancho5000. May naka comment po sakin na mas malambot nga OME but medyo too much daw because there is tendency for increased body rolling, even in braking. What do you think?

Im trying to tune my suspension for a good compromise for my Dmax.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Hilux:

parang masyado yata malapit ang bolt doon sa spare tire

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post
    i guess the first Dmax released here was CBU from thailand, thats probably why they had 7 leaf spring, because in thailand they do use the DMAx for the purpose it was designd for, which is to carry heavy loads to the market. but here it just takes family to the mall, so i guess thats why they had to reduce the leafsprings....
    til now the DMAX is still a CBU from thailand.... basta LS lang ang tatak niya.. The LX was introduced na philipines assembled but didnt pick up sa market. so they revert back to importing the thailand model....

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    ah ok, thanks for the info.. do you know when they will bring the new facelifted DMax here with CRDi and VGT turbo?

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    As for ride quality, it doesn't really matter whether its spring over or spring under. It stil boils down to suspension tuning.

Hindi ba nakakatulong kung yong leafspring ay under differential kahit na maliit na percent lang sa paglambot ng ride? Totally wala talagang ipekto?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung Nissan Frontier 4x2 ng pinsan ko, spring under pero sobrang tagtag. Yung Hilux spring-over pero hindi nalalayo sa tagtag ng Frontier.

Yung Strada spring over pero ang sarap ng ride. Yung DMax din sa spring under, ok ang ride.

So for me, kahit alin yung basic design ay pwedeng gawing matagtag or malambot depende sa tuning ng manufacturer.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup depende na nga yan sa Manufacturer. Dapat alamin nila ang sikreto ng Strada. Btw, how heavy ang load capacity nd strada? Baka naman mababa...

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Ok, Ang tagal kung inakala na may kinalaman yong under or over sa lambot ng ride. Kung sa bagay kung tatlo lang ang dahon kahit over or under yan malamang malabot yan.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Strada GLS A/T's curb weight is 1860kg, Gross Weight is 2570kb. Menos mo na lang weight ng passengers. Do the math. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Leaf spring pack over vs. under the differential