New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    congrats sir! pareho kayo ng neighbor namin. they got the crdi (dark maroon color). astig ang dating!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy View Post
    congrats...kakaunti pa lang ang superior red sa daan...
    dati konti pero biglang sikat yung color kaya ngayon kalat na rin. dont get the Gun Metal para ala ako katulad, hehe.

btw, goodluck sa purchase. parami na ng parami SF owners, ala pa bang EB?
    at dont forget, if you need OEM accessories for your new baby, dont forget Yuichi.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Congrats dude! Don't forget to have your tires swapped if they're still korean though!
    Natakot nga rin ako sa sinabi dito na panget ang Korean radials. hehehe.

Last night, a crazy dump truck shifted to my lane while i was going a bit fast and then he went for like 20kmh! Thank God for ABS and the Hankook DynaPro tires didn't fail me, i was able to decelerate on time. Although, it's kind of strange that i still heard tire squeaks in succession. like eenggggk eeenggggk eeengggk while super-quickly looking for space to direct the 2-tonne car. I thought ABS was supposed to eliminate that.

or my ABS didn't work/activate?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    congrats sa decision mo

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Congratulations! All SF owners here at tsikot had the same predicament like you about the brand. Don't mind about what other people say about korean brands. They are as good as japs. By the way SF's are made in Korea kaya okay ang build quality. As i have said before, "hindi ka magsisisi".

By the way did you get the 4x2 or 4x4 CRDi?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TFR, congrats sa bagong ride mo, same here I'll choose the SF over its competitors. I love the SF so much that I almost traded-in my minivan last Feb. I just couldn't justify giving up my minivan which has more room, third row can seat 3 full size adults comfortably + lots of cargo room behind third row. In the end its more of "I want" and not "I need" kind of thing, so I decided not to trade-in for now. Then came along the Vera Cruz, haaay nako heto na naman ako, all I can do is tulo laway. Maybe in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Natakot nga rin ako sa sinabi dito na panget ang Korean radials. hehehe.

Last night, a crazy dump truck shifted to my lane while i was going a bit fast and then he went for like 20kmh! Thank God for ABS and the Hankook DynaPro tires didn't fail me, i was able to decelerate on time. Although, it's kind of strange that i still heard tire squeaks in succession. like eenggggk eeenggggk eeengggk while super-quickly looking for space to direct the 2-tonne car. I thought ABS was supposed to eliminate that.

or my ABS didn't work/activate?
    Sir HP, magii-squeak pa rin mga gulong mo even with ABS. May na feel ka bang pulsating sa right foot mo while hard braking? that's one way of telling that your ABS is working. I played with ABS so many times on snow, mud and wet roads.
    Last edited by Camgen6; June 16th, 2007 at 11:53 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    like eenggggk eeenggggk eeengggk while super-quickly looking for space to direct the 2-tonne car. I thought ABS was supposed to eliminate that.
    ABS cannot eliminate that. Brakes have the most stopping power at the point of imminent lock up. ABS 'rides' that point but overstepping that point is normal even with the best ABS systems.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The best ABS systems, in fact, allow the tires to squeal a bit, because, as OTEP says, braking power is strongest right before lock-up. If the ABS system is too sensitive and triggers too soon, you'll lose braking power.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I see. So in fact, it's okay. Now I know. Thanks :-)

Medyas: can't remember if the brakes pulsated because i was really seconds away from the dump truck that a second seemed like 10minutes that i saw all the details of those milliseconds. It's kind of amazing.

Thank God, i didn't encounter an accident because of the truck driver's inconsideration of road rules.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Hahaha... +1... but of Korean tires I've driven recently, the ones on the Santa Fe are actually amongst the better ones.

Put it on dubs...
    Niky,

What are dubs? Sinuggest ko naman tire swap kasi baka makuha na na freebie sa dealer. Dunno how different are the SF's tires but our last Starex's tires lasted all of 1 year bago na-oblong.

BTW, congrats sa mga reviews mo. Galing ah -- sobrang kumpleto!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
At last a Final Decision!