New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Here's what's happening in our garage now. My father in law and I are in the process of restoring this truck. Paint job is done, engine never had a problem in the first place, so that's considered done. We have to work on the gas tank though, it's rusted inside. I had the chance to drive it around Baguio and it sure did turn some heads!!! Here are the specs :
    Model: 1965 International Harvester Series D-1100
    Engine: BG 241 Straight Six Gas
    Transmission: 4 speed floorshift (originally 3 speed column mounted shifter).

Everything is original even the side mirrors. We have to work on the steering wheel detail though and the interior. The seat is like a big sofa, (sorry no interior pics yet).

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    ibaloi: that looks like a fun project! :D

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    If I had that truck I'll restore it completely including the wheels and polished chrome bumpers.. looks very nice bro.

4. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Indeed it is! Exciting too! We just have a problem looking for a steering wheel hub cover that has the original international emblem.

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    hehe... ikaw pala yung nakita ko dito... congrats, its a nice ride.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok yan dude...when you're done i guarantee you'll turn more heads than any tricked out expedition with 24" rims :D

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    ganda-ganda nyan pag matapos! nice! good luck on your project.

8. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Thanks a lot folks! There are still a lot of things on our wish list, but as my father-in-law mentioned: let's work on this truck one day at a time. Besides, he's not in a hurry and the budget is a bit tight right now. We spent a ton on the paint job. I'll update you folks as we move along. Thanks again!!!!!

Just a pick up...