New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hi fellas. Help me out here..

I'm currently at a friend's house. When we were about to take his Kia Carnival out for a drive, we heard a jingling sound at the front. After a few tests, we noted that the jingling sound appears avery time we shift to "D", and that it gets lounder when we turn the wheel left or right.

So, to play it safe, we're not driving the Carnival today.

Mga Tsikot Gurus, ano kaya ang mga possible causes nito? I'm not familiar with the tranny of automatic FWD vehicles eh.

TIA.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Is it a high pitched rattling? Ano ba ang jingling sounds? Parang mga susi sa key chain?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Boss Otep, hindi sya high pitched. Yung tunog eh para bang mga tansan na nilagay mo sa loob ng box tapos inalog-alog mo. Pag hindi naman naka D (e.g. naka R, 1 or 2), wala naman yung tunog.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sa Kia ko dati (Besta MT), yung shift linkages ang tumutunog. Hindi kasi cable type, rod type siya. May mga positions na kumakalansing sila.

Aside from turning, does the jingling sound also change with rpm (to test: step on brake, shift to D, press gas pedal without releasing brake, listen if sound changes).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Christmas season pa kasi kaya mang Jingling sound hehehe (bad joke)

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    Aside from turning, does the jingling sound also change with rpm (to test: step on brake, shift to D, press gas pedal without releasing brake, listen if sound changes).
    Boss Otep, we tried this last night - the sound does not change with the decrease/increase of the engine RPM. Pero, when we tried the test while on R, wala naman yung jingling sound.

Actually, it's driving my buddy nuts.

Jingling Sound