New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by B2Bomber View Post
    uh, what about the terracan? isn't that supposed to be Hyundai's full-pledged off-roader?
    Pinagiisipan pa kasi ng Hyundai Phils. kung ano ang ipapangalan nila dito, baka pagkamalang Orocan kasi

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    if you read some of the forums in australia bout the terracan its not doin bad at all downunder,, and to think australians are known to really buy a car or SUV and use it for the purpose that it was made for...unlike most filipinos. small bumps and humps are considered an off road experience.. heheheh.....

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Orido View Post
    have you seen any SF or sorentos being used in any world trouble spots or calamities??
    Some more off roading activities with the Sorento
    http://www.dustykiasorrento.blogspot.com/

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Which makes this whole thread kinda B.S. for me... "Japan VS Korea SUV?"... depends... what particular SUV are we talking about?
    I think what Niky is saying above is that no manufacturer is flawless...PERIOD.

Kahit Korean or Japanese or American or European......or Indian, no one is perfect.

All have respective strengths and weaknesses.

For example, one guy said to be regarding a comparison between Germans and Japs. Here's what he said:

Germans:
    Pros=
    -interior materials are highest quality, designs are cutting-edge at mas lamang sa # of features ang German cars kaysa sa Jap branded vehicles.
    Cons=
    -Build quality needs work (lalo na Audi bec. Audi reliability = garbage/****), electrical problems are more rampant than on Japs (eg. BMW and seat heater malfunction and MB S-Class cruise control error and GPS Nav errors). Poor traction on older models (the old Opel Vectra had a hard time climbing Baguio) & Highest cost than Japs = lower reliability than Japs

Japs
    Pros=
    -parts availability is better than what any Euro make can offer. prices are cheaper than German vehicles (mainly due to import/shipping fees), quality issues are WAY less than what MB, BMW and Opel can offer and the resale value tends to stay consistent for longer period of time.
    Cons=
    -materials for the interior are not yet on the German level. Features are less in number compared to German vehicle of similar class (I can get panoramic sunroof sa A-Class pero sa Japs, I need to buy a Lexus LS na bago just to get it) and the prestige/status symbol of Germans are still higher than Japs atm.....pero that could change (we'll see).

As they said, both have respective pros and cons. However, if you still want to know which one is better, well........it depends. Why don't you decide for yourself?

Moral of the Story: NOTHING IS ABSOLUTE!!!

Hyundai Terracan
    I've seen it sa Hyundai Europe website and I think that it looks crappy. It's like considered as an older-gen Korean vehicle (before the Tucson came along).

Skip the current model at hintayin nalang ng HARI yung bagong modelo nito.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Japan  VS  Korea  SUV