New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Drave View Post
    . Also, I guess japanese steel is more superior than the koreans at the moment.
    parang kill bill samurai baga

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    Also, I guess japanese steel is more superior than the koreans at the moment.

parang kill bill samurai baga
    design and concept is one thing...

metallurgy is another thing. I guess medyo lamang pa nga siguro mga hapon pagdating sa tibang ng makina because of the inherent durability of how they make their metallic parts.

it's like comparing the German made metallic spare parts of the old Volkswagen beetle vs. their Mexican counterparts. mas matibay talga yung German made so you get what you pay for in the end.

Nung bago pa lang Korean trucks, naririnig ko sa mga truckers namin, iba daw tibay ng japanese bearings compared sa Korean. Dunno if this difference still holds true today.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sa ngayon ay Magaling kung sa magaling ang korean made suv's pero di parin natin maiaalis na sa experience talagang lamang ang japanese. Dapat magsasali din mga koreano sa mga motoring events at manalo para ma reinforce yung kanilang katayuan. Sa Dakar for example o kaya sa mga rallye events. Pag nananlo na sila ng more than 3 times talagang lalo silang popogi.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    halos pantay na kc ngaun ang jap at korean carmaker. depende nalang sa gusto ng buyer. pag hindi brand concious ung bibili malamang korean kukunin kc mas sulit yung money nila. pag nman mapili sa brand malamang jap kukunin (toyota or honda madalas). base on experience lang naman po

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nobody will stay on top forever. Toyota have toppled GM in most vehicle sold for the first quarter of this year. And somebody will take the top spot in the future. Maybe a Korean auto maker or a Chinese manufacturer. Only time will tell.

But right now, I will still choose a Japanese brand over a Korean brand. We've owned a Starex before. The ride was very good, but the durability was bad.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    dun sa mga naka experience to own ng mga 90's korean vehicles, me point kayo to gripe dahil medyo low quality pa ang mga ito (prone to body rust, frequent breakdowns, etc.).

pero ngayun ay much better na ang build quality ng hyundai and in some points, kia also. they even surpass some of the 9 japanese car companies, in terms of new technology (CRDi with VGT) and other comfort and safety amenities.

why not try to buy a brand new korean vehicle again? sabi nga nila "love is much sweeter the second time around."

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    To those who haven't tried a SantaFe yet but keeps a judgement that koreans are bad cars, I don't blame you, but buy or test drive one and you'll see why we like this car so much.

Japs used to be nice cars. Now, they're what's left of cutting corners.

Right now, they're at this phase where they try to cut costs on every given opportunity hence the cut in features and quality.

When Hyundai outsourced to Alabama USA, japs outsourced to Thailand hence the low quality of their cars now which unfortunately, is a hit-or-miss affair.

For example, when the D4Ds started choking, CRDi kept going well, even racing cars on the streets. Who would think that a diesel can go 200+kmh - and that's just 2.2L and automatic slushbox at that.

Let's look at the doors. SantaFe has vault-like counter-weighed doors. It closes with a solid thud. The competition? Very light unassuring tinny doors that has the same feel of FX AUVs.

Headlights: SantaFe uses projector lights. Competition? the lowest seller upgraded to projector in a futile attempt to sell.

Consumption (my driving style, read: fast but safe): 8-10km/L city driving, 12km/L city cruising, long drives, 21.5Km/L competition? way too far. hehe

Stability: driving at 200kmh is just like driving a typical midsize sedan at 60-80kmh that your passengers won't even notice you're driving a little fast. Competition? starts violent rocking at 150kmh.

Ride: Get this, if you've been to A.Bonifacio, the road north of NLEX in Manila side, you'll have an idea. Last year, everyday from Balintawak, I drive there in a SantaFe. All along i thought the road is okay and i usually drive fast all the way to UST. Then CPA review of my GF was finished so I stopped plying A.Bonifacio. A week ago going to Divisoria, i drove there again in a jap suv. Then we both exclaimed sobrang lubak pala ang daan na ito. Ganun kami kagulat since wala namang nabago sa daan. It felt like riding a jackhammer.

Interior. I don't find it messy. Rather, it's filled with features. Features, japs haven't thought of or didn't bother with. Reading/Map lights for all rows, conversation mirror which also deters against the left side blind spot, chiller, lots of pockets and cupholders, stock leather seats - not forced mediocre aftermarket. Driver seat even has height adjustment.

Steering wheel is leather, very tightly knit, just the right size. Telescopic and tilting.

Gated tiptronic with a leather stick.

Vanity mirrors with automatic lights.

Audio. SF's stock audio is topnotch. The tinny sound of the competiton's makes you feel shortchanged.

I can go on and on but I'd rather leave things for you to discover. Good things i am sure.

I'm looking forward owning an all-new KIA Sorento VGT. I guess you could say i'm one of those types who don't give a crap what others think because i'm not insecure.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I agree. dont meter Hyundai bec. of the Starex. the Sta. Fe is miles ahead from the Starex. ibang-iba talaga ang build quality ng SUV na ito.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    [SIZE="4"]Jap made vehicle I think is still more durable..[/SIZE]

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Sure, Japan CBU vehicles, probably.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Japan  VS  Korea  SUV