New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by nansky
    The shortest and thickest leaf otherwise known as the overload/restraining leaf was inverted on each side. It really softens the ride, less tagtag as felt by my regular passengers. More importantly, kung nag-iisa lang ako, hindi ako tagtag.

However, as a protective measure, I put rubber snubber on each tip of the overload spring to support added weight when the car is full of passengers.

sir,

can u post pictures of ur mods if u have? it would really help me in explaining to the talyer. i own an xuv and wanted to modify my ride too.

thanks

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Thanks for the link, nansky... saved the page... I think maybe I can have this done at my suking shop...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj
    I had mine done at Wheelers Susp. Haus in Banawe before. Most general talyers and underchassis shops should be able to do the job.

pic naman sir kung meron thanks

4. Join Date
    May 2005

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    ^Thanks for reposting.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    may pm ako sayo sir

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    were you able to retain the original ride height of your vehicle??? or did it sag??

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by v22
    were you able to retain the original ride height of your vehicle??? or did it sag??
    Based on my observation (I didnt' measure vehicle height before and after modification) there is only a slight decrease in ride height about 1/4 to 1/2 of an inch.But what is very noticeable is the compression of the suspension when you are fully loaded with passengers - the reason why I fit in the rubber snubber. After that, ok na.

After the modification, I can feel that the compression and extension of the rear suspension is limited to the up and down wheel movement in rough roads - less transfer of impact to the vehicle body.

This is just my observation also: The vehicle is better in cornering because hindi masyado komokontra ang rear suspension pag liko.

Nevertheless, I don't recommend this modification until all safety issues are addressed. That is why I am asking in puts from those who have undertaken this similar suspension modification.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    sir,

how did you attach the home made rubber snubber to the overload leaf? the one on the website had a bolt on it for attachment. is it possible to drill a 1/2" hole on the leaf and tightly fit the bottom of the snubber into the hole? i wonder how long will the snubber stays on especially if it gets knocked by the upper leafs during heavy load or due to vibrations.

thanks

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Meron na ba gumawa nito sa REVO? Please post naman your experience. Na-improve ba yung riding comfort? Safe ba? Thanks in advance.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Inverting overload/restraining leafspring