New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Does anybody or know somebody here that brought an SUV from the states? How much additional tax and shipping did it cost and IS IT WORTH IT?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    27Oct2004 (UTC +8)

The cost of shipping is about US$2,000 (depends on the rate of the ship coming in to 'Pinas). Taxes are on a graduated scheme, but is definitely much less than the 100% of last year. Send me an offline e-mail to drexx * gmail. com. and I'll forward it to my aunt who's the broker that helped me early this year....

Are you bringing in the Explorer? They have those here, so you may find that it'll not be worth it. Unless the Ford Explorer is really, really, personally worth it to you.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir drexx I send you an email too.. in regards to this topic..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ayun..was about to post drexx..herhehr...

pero if i have the money, id still buy one here nalang..unless...super hindi mababayran ng pera ang senti value ng car.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Thanks Drexx.. I'm really considering moving back to PI..sawa na rin ako sa buhay dito. And your right I'm better off buying one in PI.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Ok yan kung talagang wala kang mabibili dito locally... Like a pre-'74 911, or a 356... Hmmm... sana magkapera ako to buy one...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    btw, would the new P500K tax on used imported vehicles also apply for personal imports?

the eddie bauer ford explorer is selling here for around P2M or $35K.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    guys, ride on ako dito.

i was thinking of importing one of those old Mitsubishi 3000GT twin turbos. diba nmedyo luma na yan sa states? i have been scanning ebay and have found some that are over 8 years old and are in still very good condition (from the pctures lang).

how much tax would the Philippine govt put on a car like that:

1) 8 years old or older
    2) was not locally released, so there is no comparison

what do you guys think?

andy

Importing SUV to PI....