New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pajerokid::: Habang naka baba yang makina mo, you might wanna think of ceramic coating to contain engine heat (plus ponies for sure). :D

Port and polish for your cylinder head, three angled valve seat cut, and the works +++ :D

Balance your pulley, crankshaft, flywheel, pressure plate.

Lighten flywheel, adjust pressure plate clearance against the flywheel. :D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wow ok itong thread na ito!!!
    marami akong hindi maintindihan pero willing to learn

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pajerokid, I sympathize.

Swapping to a 4M40 makes good sense. Kaya ako nahirapan is because nobody guided me and it was all trial and error. Anyhow, I studied how Diamond Motors do it (yes, they have done a couple of swaps/conversions already), and some of the modifications I did was really superfluous and unnecessary if only the "salpak" measurements were exact.

If you will swap to 4M40, I can recommend you to Diamond Motors. I suggest also that you buy surplus and bring along a good mechanic (I can also recommend one to you). Bringing it to Diamond will save you a lot of headache later on. If you do decide, I can introduce you to the Head of Technical/Services of Diamond.

If you decide to proceed with your overhaul, I personally suggest that you buy OEM parts. Try El-Dorado, they are cheaper than ATCO by a mile!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bogart::: Thanks for the price info dude! :wink:

ungas::: lightened flywheel? Baka mawalan ng torque pare But i think im going to have the parts you mentioned balanced. I heard malaking decrese in engine vibrations.

kimps::: this is something every diesel peep should be informed about :D

woodfire::: sir, what branch of diamond are we talking about? if the prices are near, id probably consider this

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    woodfire::: Sir im seriously considering swapping to a 4m40 this time around.... para hindi na ako apihin ng mga naka patrol diyan hehehe :mrgreen:

If its not too much trouble, could you please list down the parts that need to be replaced?

For sure kelangan ang sumusunod::

1) Engine Assembly
    2) Transmission
    3) Propeller Shaft
    4) Transfercase (?)

And, saan pong Branch ng Diamond motors yung na mention nyo na nagsw-swap?

thanks for sharing your experience sir! :mrgreen:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid
    ungas::: lightened flywheel? Baka mawalan ng torque pare But i think im going to have the parts you mentioned balanced. I heard malaking decrese in engine vibrations.
    Duda rin ako sa sinasabing lightened flywheel, paniguradong magbabago ang torque. I haven't heard anyone done this yet, magpasiguro ka na lang pre, wait for others to do it first then tsaka natin malalaman kung may dagdag o bawas ang torque.

Pero dun sa engine balancing, :twisted: pipino ang vibrations ng makina mo after you've done the balancing. Wanna race over the lahar areas? Ika nga ni sir afrasay, "ginawang EDSA yung lahar..." lolz :D :D :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ungas::: aba! this is the first "gauge" hamon in the diesel threads!!! :lol: Sure!!!! hehehe :mrgreen: Im warning you pare, i did 80kph on the way back!!!! :twisted: i just slowed down to conserve my balljoints.

Pare.... youre going up against a many time Paris-Dakar champion (well, yung 3.5L v6 na paj yon but nonetheless, paj pa rin :D )hehehehe :wink:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pajerokid::: katuwaan lang, just for the kicks este pix pala, ahehehe :mrgreen:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pajerokid,
    Tama! mag 4M40 ka na, para bagay na bagay na ang angas ng dating ng pajero mo. :D Matibay pa, dahil naka timing chain. Yon mga lang umiingay pag naluluma during start-up. Tip ko lang pag bili mo ng engine, sana mapaandar mo ito ng matagal-tagal, yung uminit man lang ng konti ang langis. kung pwede lang makabitan ng radiator :roll: para maobserbahan yung breather hose for blow-by gases.
    Look for the engine na hindi nilinis o napressure wash, para kitang kita kung may tagas ang langis. And look for rust residue sa mga in/out ng cooling system(sa mga pinutol na radiator hose), the minimal the better. Kung wala mas ok! Pero "quidaw" baka nilinis lang.

Transfer case kasama yon sa transmission ng 4M40. Do you consider choosing the automatic tranny para less hirap sa traffic? Malakas na maman engine mo eh.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pajerokid,

Yes I would think so meron gains ang porting and polishing sa diesel engines like gas powered engines.

Basic sa i/c engine is that its like a giant air pump diba? The more volume of air you flow into and out of it at a greater velocity, the more power you will make.

PnP will flow more air and more smoothly too, giving uniform flow.

And yes, as you can tell I'm a fan of Autoplus (my car is tuned there, as well as the cars of my friends, about 10 cars in all) and OK ang headworks nila.

They've done headworks on a 4D56 (tama ba yun?) and malaki ang gains, pero palit din siya intercooler at plumbing at nagtaas ng boost. Not sure ano ang final WHP niya, pero the engine revs smoother to redline (perfect for the highway) and tumalon talaga ang torque curve niya (perfect for off-roading).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
I NEED OVERHAUL TIPS!!!!! THE INFORMATIVE OVERHAUL THREAD =)