New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    before umabot sa warning light i always fill up, sensitive pa naman masyado fuel pump ng e36 hehe

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Around 10L remaining on a Pajero. That would be around 70km worth of driving in case wala talagang fuel station or nasa bad area ka.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    gsr- from c5- bicutan loob. Wala kasing gas station e. Abot pa naman dont know kung ilan kilometers

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Just experienced na nag warning ang gas empty indicator lamp. When I refilled full tank - it's 44 liters. My ride is Innova Gas with tank capacity of 55 liters. So ang natira pala was 11 liters. If my consumption for city driving is 8 kpl, pwede pa akong tumakbo ng about 88 kilometers.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hmmm. On my car, think I got a reserve of between 3-5 liters. But, like what the good posters on this thread said: don't let your tank run dry because it would do damage to your fuel pump and make sure that the lowest level of petrol you have on your ride is not less than 1/4.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    ewan ko pero usually pag umilaw na low fuel indicator ko, i can still drive from DLSU to Espana & back to DLSU again.. gano ba kalayo yun? yung experience ko naman sa Bimmer, 30 miles na naitakbo namin ng ate ko saka kami nagpa-gas..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    When you hit the bottom mark... to be safe just assume around 3-5L, that should be good for another 20-30km if you're really looking for a good gas station/location.

Then gain, it is a good practice to just gas up once you go below the 1/4 mark. ;) I used to gas up at below the halfway mark when diesel was still P12.00 to a liter.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    usually nga 4 liters pa ang nasa reserve before totally empty ang gas tank. pero don't wait for it to get empty, masisira fuel pump and kung efi ang car mo pati injectors masisira din. not to mention the hassle of having to bleed off the fuel lines. magpapa-gas ka din lang naman so why wait until the fuel warning lights turrn red di ba?

are you asking this kasi mas mahal ang gas sa provinces than in metro manila and na-experience mo na mag-light up ang fuel gage on the way to manila? imho, it's not worth it saving a few centavos and risking having to stop and leave your car on the highway and then looking for a gas station that will lend you a spare gerry can. tapos di ka din naman papasakayin sa mga buses kung may dala kang gasoline.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
How far does a vehicle will stop, once the empty gas warning appeard?