New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yuichi View Post
    i read it well bro, so i know its Sante Fe N.E or Baguio.

i just gave my Santa Fe an example cos its a tiptronic A/T tranny type not the typical a/t like previously addressed, to give the thread starter an idea how it (tiptronic) works coz it has no D1,D2 or L......clear?
    tiptronic pala tawag dun. I just came back from Cagayan valley and dumaan ako jan sa Sta. Fe - Dalton Pass. Ang gamit ko ay lancer na 2000 model at "tiptronic" sya. I used manual mode din.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    with the honda jazz nasa D lang din ako paakyat ng baguio ok naman. pag baba nasa D2.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Imau View Post
    tiptronic pala tawag dun. I just came back from Cagayan valley and dumaan ako jan sa Sta. Fe - Dalton Pass. Ang gamit ko ay lancer na 2000 model at "tiptronic" sya. I used manual mode din.

SAAN KA BA SA CAGAYAN VALLEY.TY

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    brad-yuichi, i got my ride two months ago, which is a lancer gls with cvt transmission...my question is, can you shift back to the regular A/T mode from +/- sportronic while the car is in motion? or do i have to slow down to stop and only then go back to regular A/T? TIA!

ps. btw this is my first A/T car

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by richie29 View Post
    brad-yuichi, i got my ride two months ago, which is a lancer gls with cvt transmission...my question is, can you shift back to the regular A/T mode from +/- sportronic while the car is in motion? or do i have to slow down to stop and only then go back to regular A/T? TIA!

ps. btw this is my first A/T car
    i just arrived from isabela today. went there yesterday with my Santa Fe. I used the manual mode during the climb to dalton pass. I also switch to auto from time to time. There is no problem swithching from auto to manual mode while the car is in motion. No need to slow down. Even on flat road I switch to manual if I want to downshift or upshift faster when overtaking. I also put to manual to check which gear the tranny is in.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by minero View Post
    i just arrived from isabela today. went there yesterday with my Santa Fe. I used the manual mode during the climb to dalton pass. I also switch to auto from time to time. There is no problem swithching from auto to manual mode while the car is in motion. No need to slow down. Even on flat road I switch to manual if I want to downshift or upshift faster when overtaking. I also put to manual to check which gear the tranny is in.

+1 bro.....plus i also downshift sa overtaking para instant hatak, be sure na wag lang umabot ng redline.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by maria View Post
    SAAN KA BA SA CAGAYAN VALLEY.TY
    O.T. Camalaniugan

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Just a FYI: know the gears' individual speed limits. Baka masyado ka mabilis when you downshift to 3rd or 2nd gear at hindi mo alam. Alam ko a CVT will not let you downshift manually to the lower gears (using the buttons on the steering wheel). Check your manual to be safe.

Happy motoring!

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Imau View Post
    O.T. Camalaniugan
    cagayano ka rin pala. i am from tuguegarao

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
How to drive AT vehicles