New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Here's some info on Hi-Peak quoted from an LRCP member read on:

"Hi Peak elevation is 6,683 ft. That is the elevation above mean sea level (the average level between low and high tide). At ISA (International Standard Atmosphere) of 59 deg. farenheit and 29.92 inches of mercury our lungs will indeed feel that we are at 6,683 feet. Correct that for warm ambient temperature before sunset (about 78F) exacerbated by the warm air rising from the valleys and barometric pressure in situ, I estimate the density altitude at sunset was somewhere between 10,000 ft. to 12,000 ft. or more. Sorry for the aeronautical terms but it means that despite the fixed elevation of 6,683, our lungs felt like we were at 12,000 ft. or more. No wonder my driver and I felt light headed when we arrived in camp. This might also explain Ike's headache. Take note that if our lungs feel it is 12,000 ft, same is true for our engines. At that density altitude out engines were running on less oxygen and therefore burning too rich - unless the engine is equipped with an altitude compensating carburetor. Now looking back, it is no wonder that in my vehicle, the power steering fluid "boiled over". It seems it did not boil from heat but from the change in air pressure. Our lungs would have felt like it is 6,683 at about midnight to 3 am. Then the density altitude will again go up as the sky brightened up and the air started getting warm."

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may coolant kaya para sa power steering fliud :roll: :mrgreen:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    most probably pala may meeting ulit ang PORCI sa racetrack sa sunday.
    you might want to check it out before we eat halo-halo.
    you will see the big streamer sa venue on your way to zambales.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We'll call you once we get to San Fernando and catch up with Olive Drab & kimpOy. :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungas
    We'll call you once we get to San Fernando and catch up with Olive Drab & kimpOy. :D
    text or call pag me pag nasa bandang lubao,pampanga na kayo.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Hi-Peak on Feb.28 to Mar.2