New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    hello,

im newbie here in tsikot. i'm planning to buy the new hilux this year. i felt bad when there was no engine upgrade. instead i'm thinking to buy the ford ranger wildtrak 4x2 na lang...can anyone give me advise, what to buy? hilux or ranger?

thanks,
    cire isaac

2. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Wait for the release of all new ranger next year. My presumption since Hilux was introduced and released since 2005, the 2011 facelifted model is good for 2-3 years by then there will be all new model of hilux.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by cireisaac View Post
    hello,

im newbie here in tsikot. i'm planning to buy the new hilux this year. i felt bad when there was no engine upgrade. instead i'm thinking to buy the ford ranger wildtrak 4x2 na lang...can anyone give me advise, what to buy? hilux or ranger?

thanks,
    cire isaac
    Sir, you won't be disappointed with the 3.0-litre Hilux D4-D if this is what you mean.

In comparsion, quite possibly, you will be disappointed with the 2.5-litre Ford Ranger Wildtrak ---- i have driven it couple of times, even the 2.5-litre Everest, and just like any 2.5-litre diesel out there it's not as good as a 3.0-litre diesel CRDi, especially those with VGT's like the Hilux.

The Toyota Hilux, honestly, doesn't need an engine upgrade ---- not that it would be the go-gether factor or not. That engine, or in particular, any 3.0-litre diesel CRDi, is highly adaptable even to cheap mods like any 1st-stage intake mod. With the Hilux, you can gain up to 450 Nm to 470 Nm of wheel torque from a stock wheel torque of 380 Nm (343 Nm by paper spec) with the addition of any diesel EFi tuning kit out there. It can bump power up to 215 hp. The cheapest costs about PhP25k (Racechip Pro from Germany) ---- PhP24k since you're a tsikot member.

Consider also that the all-new 2012 Ford Ranger might actually be offered next year here in Philippines. An indication of a new product coming out is the huge discounts that Ford Philippines is giving away at this moment. The new Ranger comes with a new 2.2-litre diesel engine and a 5-cylinder 3.2-litre diesel engine with promising sizeable to huge performance upgrades. We don't know however if the 3.2-litre will be offered in Philippines anytime soon.

Goodluck sir!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Been through the same dilemma as the TS: 2012 Hilux G 4x2 or Ford Ranger Wildtrak. Almost same price sila (P1094K hilux vs P1090K Ranger) but Ford offered 60k discount while Toyota has only 10k discount.

We chose Wildtrak and just got our unit last saturday. And nagustuhan din namin yung 18 inch standard mags, bed liner, rollbar, and ~140hp engine (vs ~100hp of hilux) can't remember the exact numbers. But I can't deny mas nagandahan ako sa interior (dashboard and seats) ng Hilux.

Kung sa Hilux naman parang mas gusto ko pa yung last model before the 2012 facelift kasi IMO parang di bagay sa pick-up yung luxurious looking front grille and yung headlight looks year 2000 era.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Same here. Upon seeing the facelift hilux, i was really dissapointed. Hindi talaga bagay, sa photos it looks good but upon seeing it in actual, parang nawala yun macho look.

The present ranger wildtrak's interior isnt that impressive. Whats important is the torquey engine naman kaya good choice. Try replacing the air sa tires into nitro para malessen yun bumpy ride.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by vermicelli View Post
    Been through the same dilemma as the TS: 2012 Hilux G 4x2 or Ford Ranger Wildtrak. Almost same price sila (P1094K hilux vs P1090K Ranger) but Ford offered 60k discount while Toyota has only 10k discount.

We chose Wildtrak and just got our unit last saturday. And nagustuhan din namin yung 18 inch standard mags, bed liner, rollbar, and ~140hp engine
    (vs ~100hp of hilux) can't remember the exact numbers. But I can't deny mas nagandahan ako sa interior (dashboard and seats) ng Hilux.

Kung sa Hilux naman parang mas gusto ko pa yung last model before the 2012 facelift kasi IMO parang di bagay sa pick-up yung luxurious looking front grille and yung headlight looks year 2000 era.
    You are right bossing. The 2.5 tdci vgt crdi is much better than underpowered 2.5 d4d crdi turbo non vgt( i prefer 3.0 d4d for the hilux
    because of high torque amd power) if you prefer engine power and practicality. peace=)

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Right choice ang Ford Ranger Wildtrak, i am selling my Ford Ranger Wildtrak, bought last Sept 2010, 11,500km pa lang ang natatakbo at nagagamit lang kapag umuwi ako from abroad. Casa maintained and used synthetic oil from the beginning.

Inia-alis ko lang kasi di kayang i-drive ni esmi pero kung ako ang tatanungin, maayos gamitin at di pa ako nabigyan ng problema.

Sa interesado, pls send me email at gernavallo*yahoo.com.

Thanks.

helping to choose from toyota hilux 2012 or a ford ranger wildtrak 4x2