staind,
    blister fender pajero has 2.8 liter 4m40 turbo intercooler
    yung tonka 2.5 liter 4d56 tDi

and some minor differrence din like the 3rd seats

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid
    ungas::: yung 99 na tonka siguro "New Old Stock" Yun. :D
    Same model as yours, tonka look with hood scoop and 4M40 engine. At first duda ako sa engine nya baka pinalitan. But the seller took the original invoice and proved it was an original from Citimotors Makati. :D

Quote Originally Posted by staind
    bukas me titignan naman akong 96 paj for P620T. mura ba to? pano ko malalaman kung local o surplus? malamang local to since galing daw DOLE yun. so that means, malamang laspag na yun. pero check ko pa rin. what should i check for nga pala? la akong mahilang mechanic eh.
    Better not rush things, scope the market and have an actual check with every unit you want to check out on classified ads. Don't barter on the phone without seeing the actual unit first. Test drive it, test all the amenities it has, gauges and switches. Pump the accelerator upto 2000rpm and check for carbon deposits especially oil droplets. Then knock on every panel you suspect of being abused and hit occasionally. Door jambs should be aligned and easily closed with light force. Inspect the maintenance booklet for it's tune-ups and change oils. So far that's what I could think of right now. And before I forget, surplus units don't have sliding windows at the back (they are fixed windows). :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ARGH!!!! sorry sorry... that was last night... nagloko internet namin dito sa ofc eh... sorry... pwede bang mabura ang sobra na entries?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    crawdaddy::: Pwede mo erase yan manually while logged in. Look for the last message you entered then sa right upper corner ng message window mo merong: {quote} {edit} {X} Erase form the last message you posted going upwards the board. Continue until you have reached the message you want to save.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ungas,
    walang X na lumalabas eh... QUOTE lang and EDIT... alam ko din nga dati may nakikita akong X, ngayon wala na... wawa naman ako... :P

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by staind
    thanks for the inputs!

titignan ko yung 98 paj this weekend. kung tonka yun, what's a good price for it?

pajerokid:
    aside from the fenders, ano pa diff. ng 97 sa 98 paj?

bukas me titignan naman akong 96 paj for P620T. mura ba to? pano ko malalaman kung local o surplus? malamang local to since galing daw DOLE yun. so that means, malamang laspag na yun. pero check ko pa rin. what should i check for nga pala? la akong mahilang mechanic eh.

happy_gilmore:
    sa casa ba nabili yung 2003 RAV4 or sa tao? mura nun ah!

crawdaddy:
    ayos ba tayo dyan?

ayos ba tayo dyan?

ayos ba tayo dyan?

ayos ba tayo dyan?

ayos ba tayo dyan?

ayos ba tayo dyan?

;) :D
    pre, sa tao. second hand. 14 thou kms. sa kapatid ng syota nya. mura na nga yun eh.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    get the RAV4... 3 months old pa lang yun so you won't have to worry about anything (except maybe collision damage, which can be easily inspected for). a real bargain at just 985K... i assume you find the RAV4 suitable for your needs by the mere fact that you're considering it. i say go for it.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    again, thanks for all the tips and suggestions!!! 8)

the RAV4 can fit my family but lacks storage space. what I like about it is its car-like characteristics, quiet cabin, ala-celica interior and most especially...

its price! i'm one who can't resist a bargain. BUT, i need to inspect it first.

now the 98 PAJ really fits us with space to spare! really a toss-up between the 2.

but, as Ungas said, i won't rush into things...

unless i fall in love with one of them and decide right then and there! :twisted: am also a compusive buyer! :twisted: :D

anyway, on with the hunt...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a car like ride with space and spare....

then get a minivan he..he
    lalo yatang napagulo ang isipan ni staind he..he

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    :lol: * kimpOy!!! ginugulo mo ko!

a mini-van was actually my first choice! pero wala sa pinas yung Toyota Sienna or Honda Odyssey(?). Or even the Ford Windstar. don't like the Serena. Like the Carnival/Sedona but it's a Kia. no offense to Kia owners but that's my opinion/prerogative. Like the Venture but for the availability of parts, etc.

so........ SUV na lang ako. :twisted: :D taas pa ng ground clearance (in case of flood).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
HELP! which one?