New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Congrats to everyone for a job very well done!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Ungas
    We've waited for Emboy's party until 08:00 or was it 09:00? Then proceed to go down first before they did. Alfred drove off with Samurai while I drove the Patrol behind. Everything was going smoothly until the first intersection, the Samurai's ignition coil started to malfunction causing the engine to conk out in the middle of nowhere. Happended a couple of time more until we reached the cemented part. Alfred decided I should tow him down until the Marikina borderline. Towing cable snapped off, so he was forced to drive it down upto his house. Luckily the engine helped him drive off upto their driveway.

We left the recovery team with Emboy, his dad, his uncle and a companion up there because they had to fix the upper radiator hose of the 4D56TDIC. While Paul's leaking radiator was bonded by a steel epoxy. [/B]
    tignan mo nga naman, despite all THAT, nanjan pa din kayo para tumulong sa kanya. pasalamat talaga dpat sya! *peace*

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    guys maraming salamat sa tulong nyo. natanggal na yata yung pajero pero major damage yata inabot. di ko sure di ako makatawag sa kanila eh.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    alam ba ni emboy sikat sya dito sa good squad?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Special mention to Kits and Beeboy for their endearing support. Tsaka sa mga dinami dami ng nagpahiram ng tow straps, coolers, food and water supply, pasensya na sa dami di ko maalala lahat. Basta kasama na kayo dun! :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Attention

All tow straps and shackles are still with Mr. Paul Javier. The tow straps are covered with reddish clay and is impossible to distinguish which is which. Mr. Paul is kind enough to have it clean before returning it to us. I’ll keep you posted on this. Perhaps this would be a good excuse to go to Jungle Base one weekend. ;)

We had a “little hard” time going down. The Sammy’s engine kept on dying on us. As Mr. Javier suggested, I gave the ignition coil a wham with a wrench (like the Russian astronaut in Armagedon ). But the engine wouldn’t start unless someone was turning the ignition switch as I was hitting the coil. This happened a couple of time during power on sections going up muddy incline, one just pass Ka Vergel’s road. I was really fortunate to have Jon-Jon (ungas) as the driver of the Patrol. Upon reaching the cemented road I decided that we tow (time to use the blue light of otep) the sammy using my backup steel tow strap, which at one time snapped during one uphill climb at Monterey Subdivision. Miraculously, the Sammy engine didn’t die after this until we’re home about 10:30pm.

Oh, by the way, the Series 2a that went up the Tabletop with Eman (NVT777) took around 30mins to reach it, that is from last turn (the one with those damn bamboos sticking out the trail). I guess technique is more important than equipment here.

Talked to Paul awhile back, the Pajero was towed all the way down. It seems that it overheated and water was added to it without letting it to cool down, OUCH! Another no no.

Dale, Paul, Rodil (Trup) and Oliver, I salute you guys for risking your rigs and your life to lift my/our vehicles out of that ravine. To all who contributed, prayed, provided supplies and lend moral support and shared their experience or just simply being there, thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Happy trails.

Rookie,

You still have that rear locker for the sammy ;)

Kits, Beebs,

Sa uulitin :D
    Last edited by afrasay; June 9th, 2004 at 01:39 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Jeepcruizerph
    alam ba ni emboy sikat sya dito sa good squad?
    oi hindi ako papayag niyan. kami ni trup ang sikay dito. :D

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    syempre naman you TWO are SIMPLY the BEST!!!

pwede na bang masabing HARDCORE 4wheelers sina Afrasay and Trup ?

hehehe :D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    emboy will always be emboy, until he learns from this experience and becomes eman.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Jeepcruizerph
    syempre naman you TWO are SIMPLY the BEST!!!

pwede na bang masabing HARDCORE 4wheelers sina Afrasay and Trup ?

hehehe :D
    hardcore, no. reckless, yes!!!

HELP:  Mt.  Maarat 4x4 Rescue Team Needs YOU!