New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    LandCruiser BJ80 for me!
    man! kung nakita mo lang yung LC80 ni lc80 (jan)mag perform nung Sacobia Trail namin (Level 3) sa likod ng clark air base, at Porac Trail (Level 2), it 's combination ng power and luxury!
    pics here www.kimpoy.tsikot.com

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup!
    LC80 for me also

or the 2nd gen paj. with 4m40 engine

and last would be the trooper.

if you want a prado,the dad of my friend is selling one for 1.8T eh, gas v6.(the owner is an exec. vice pres. ng toyota,he harldy used it so good as new.)pero i think its still neg.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    thanks for all the suggestions and recommendations!

ok ba talaga ang mga Troopers? kahit pang-offroading (in case I decide to join Otep and the gang)? :twisted: i'll do some research for them on the net. any suggested links?

btw, anyone here goes Mountain Biking? 8)

mas matakaw pa kesa F-150 and expeditions yung 02 Patrol 4.5L?! :shock: baka kasi matawaran ko yung friend ko ng 1.4M eh. kaso kung ganon kalakas sa gas, isip-isip muna.

eh kung yung 02 Patrol 3.0 TD 4x2? ok ba yun? meron ding nagbebenta eh kaso almost 10TKm na, July lang binili.

my priorities are: Safety, Quality/Reliability, Ride/Comfort, Performance (di underpowered), Resale Value, Fuel Economy, Space/Versatility, Ease of maintenance, Looks, Prestige, Fun factor (e.g. Off-roadability).

btw, forgot to mention that i'm also considering mini-vans like the Venture. problema lang dito pag bumaha.

8)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In most parts of the world (including the U.S.), mas malaki pa ang following ng Isuzu among off-roaders kaysa sa Pajero. Malaki ang aftermarket para dito.

Tignan mo yung Isuzu section ng www.outdoorwire.com . Ako parating nasa Mitsubishi section.

LC80 = unstoppable. For me this is an even better model than the new LC100 dahil solid front and rear axles. Independent na yung front ng LC100, eh. You should see how Jan 'flies' his ex-Japanese LC80 over the lahar, boulders, and rivers of Pampanga. Hanapin mo na lang sa off-roading threads ang mga pics.

Happy trails.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung second hand, and you wont midn doing some fixes here and there (since it is second hand), LC80... I really love that SUV.

But if you want to have some peace of mind by getting a newer car, the Pajero is OK for a brand new... On teh Patrol, I'd get the diesel Patrol over the gas, 10K for a year of mileage is pretty OK with me since the car is still new. Pajero vs Patrol, i'd get the Patrol due to some brand biases i have (but hey is still like the Pajero ).

Kung AUV/van na brand new that is ont he 1M mark, i'd go with either a Nissan Serena or Honda CR-V.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung minivan, choose the kia sedona, nasan na yung sedona cult dito?

pero medyo marami na ng naka LC80 eh 2nd choice ko is the trooper! yung hindi pa naka trying hard expedition billet grille

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    staind,

according to experienced off-roaders, the Trooper is arguably better than the gen2 Pajero on-road and off-road, and generally considered second only to the Prado in the local mid-size SUV category. yun nga lang, 2000 was the last year 4x4 was available, as with the gen2 pajero

LC80 is excellent, but it consumes more gas than the Trooper (city driving: 4.5 km/L of diesel for the LC80 vs. ~8-10 km/L of diesel for the Trooper), is older (1998 was the last year it was made), and an original LHD vehicle in good condition is extremely rare on the market.

ZD30 Patrol is an excellent choice... this is the vehicle i'd want to buy myself hehehe :wink: big, stylish, off-road legend (of course, you'll have to have it converted to 4x4, which is easily done), nice interior, high quality, unbeatable durability... yun nga lang, i heard the engine is a bit overwhelmed by the patrol's weight, pero nothing too bad

resale value,... large SUVs all hold their value well over the years. safety... the sheer weight of an SUV like the Patrol and pajero and trooper makes it a safe vehicle in a crash against a vehicle of less weight , like a car or mini-SUV. however, these SUVs generally perform poorly in a frontal crash against a heavier or static object, like another patrol/pajero/trooper or a lamp post or a barrier. if safety is a prime consideration, like for transporting a growing family, a unit-body minivan, particularly the Kia Sedona, which has received perfect scores in US crash testing, is generally safer.

minivans are much larger inside than an SUV of comparable dimensions... and they can transport more than 5 people in comfort. venture and sedona are both good minivans... we have a Venture... just ask away if you have any questions about it

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Trooper and Prado are quite good off-road as long as you don't mind seeing your once square fuel tank get banged out of shape at every obstacle you encounter as they hang too low and are not protected by a skidplate. The Pajero on the other hand uses a sloping tank with a skidplate and metal sheets guarding it left and right. But they're pretty much equal on all other ground. Of course, it is easier to set-up a Trooper for off-road action because of the sheer number of upgrades available for it.

SUV's are generally not very good when it comes to crashing into immovable objects as mbt has stated. Ungas' Patrol Safari and my Pajero both got very low scores in various international crash tests.

One thing I've observed about SUV's is hindi sila naluluma. Yung mga GEN I Pajeros status symbols pa din up to now and poging-pogi pa din. Most of their sedan and van contemporaries have not aged so gracefully.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Jj is offline Verified Tsikot Member
    I would suggest the:

2nd hand:
    LC80
    LC90 Prado
    Nissan patrol Safari

Brand New:
    Pajero
    Trooper
    Patrol

10. > is offline Verified Tsikot Member
    Dude 8) buy nalang a 2nd hand pajero 2 doors then modify it.
    Slightly modifying it might cost the same as buying a new one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
HELP in choosing Family SUV/AUV for P1M New or Used