New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj
    According to some Nissan peeps... it'll be starting at 1.1M roughly for the 2.0 4x2 a/t model. The 2.5L 4x4 will be in the 1.3+M range. I have no clear cut idea on the impact of the new tax laws should it be implemented but i'm guessing that the 2.5L model price could get lower slightly at the least.

can nissan sell the bolt-on factory-supercharger to the 2.5 version? in the u.s., the x-trail has an optional supercharger.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    woodfire,
    Yung X-TERRA ang may supercharger sa U.S. It uses the 3.0L V6 that used to power Pathfinders. Wala pa yatang X-trail sa USDM.

gretzy,
    May image problem ata yung mga kakilala ko. Or masyado lang silang sosyal. Hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    OTEP, approx. how much is the carnival? di ba sirain ang starex?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    gretzy,
    Carnivals are around Php 1.1M. Better ask the Carnival Cult here. Hehehe. Dalawa ang trim levels niya. Regular RS and upmarket LS. Mas loaded ang LS pero far from bare ang RS.

Hyundais have made significant improvements in quality over the past few years. Although not up to Toyota or Honda levels, expect ownership to be a relatively benign experience. The Starex is basically a mechanical clone of the Space Gear (due to the Mitsu-Hyundai partnership back in the day). It will accept Mitsubishi parts and can be serviced by the Mitsubishi people.

3 years warranty naman siya for peace of mind.

But the Carnival is more car like in every aspect. Mas maganda ang ride and ang comfort levels since hindi truck design ang pang-ilalim ng Carnival.

5. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    OTEP, gusto ko sana si papa na magbasa dito, kaya langbaka mapunta syang pitstop, lagot ako. :mrgreen:

maganda nga din carnival.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    gretzy,
    You can always print this. hehehe.

7. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    oo nga naman. :D thanks!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm not so familiar with the USDM models that Nissan has (have not been reading too much US Magazines anymore due to the cost) but from what i know, its the Frontier/Xterra platform that has a supercharged engine (3.5L V6?)... Sana nga totoo yung narinig ko na rumor in Nissanbayan that the 350Z will be released here.

The Carnival is one heavy bugger... I read in C&D (CARandDRIVER) before that its really much heavier then the other minivans in the US. I guess this was the reason why the matic models experiences a lag when accelerating from standstill... Once its running, ayus na yung performance (sibak yung Frontier ko )... the weight would also mean that the car could feel more stable at high speeds as well. What just bothers me about the Carnival is that i see some new units that emit black smoke when accelerating.

One thing you should do is to do some dealer-hopping to get specs, see the cars, and even arrange for a test drive if possible... this will help you in deciding what ride to get.

On AUVs and some Pinoys who wouldnt be caught dead in them... thats quite an image problem on their part i guess. :? I myself would not mind having a diesel Revo in my garage.

Why dont you make a powerpoint or flash presentation when you talk to your dad about the car choices? Make sure its complete with graphs, projected maintainance costs, and resale value after several years... hehe :D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Carnival is heavy and slow by US standards. But so would be the case of the Space Gear, Starex and even the Venture.

Kia used proven SUV techinques (steel reinforcements, etc.) to achieve a rigid and rattle free body.

And yes, a Carnival will eat my truck on every measure of speed.

10. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj
    Why dont you make a powerpoint or flash presentation when you talk to your dad about the car choices? Make sure its complete with graphs, projected maintainance costs, and resale value after several years... hehe :D
    Actually im planning to. :mrgreen:

Some car dealers here in bicol called them up n are asking them to test drive some of their new models, maybe nextweek, i hope they'll come up with a decision then. :wink:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Good Family Service