New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi Peeps, haven't been around here for a while, how's everybody? Would anyone know how much the control unit for the glow plugs would set me back? It's the box itself that isn't working as the shop showed me. The relays and glow plugs are OK though.

I took it down to Betan Calibration after telling them about my early morning hard starts. The engine starts fine when warm though. But then they said wouldn't touch the fuel pump which I suspected was the culprit until I had my glow plugs checked. They pointed me towards a neighboring shop and it turned out they were right. The glow plugs didn't have any supply coming in from the Control Unit. It senses coolant temp and dictates glow plug operation accordingly as explained to me.

It's expensive by the looks of it I presume? Little black boxes with electronics packages are always expensive

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Have you tried asking the casa? Also try calling up some shops in banawe. Give them the part number of the item (usually embossed on the case) so they can easily look through their supply records. If that is not a commonly replaced unit, they will have to call their suppliers and order it. You are right though, that may substantially cost you something.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bestcolt in Banawe is usually cheaper than the other Mitsu specialty shops (e.g. Motorix, Eldorado, etc.).

As an example, the Pajero speed sensor costs Php4K in other parts stores, cost around Php2,500.00 at Bestcolt.

They're in Banawe near E.Rod.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    hehe... baka puwede ma improvise. how about making the heater switch operate manually? though I'm not sure it's possible or even safe...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    hehe... baka puwede ma improvise. how about making the heater switch operate manually? though I'm not sure it's possible or even safe...
    pwedeng pwede iyan sir! it's possible and safe as long as you did installed the manual switch and wirings correctly, and as long as you timed your switch manually for 7 to ten seconds heating time, it's safe!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    are you sure it's the control unit and not just the glow plugs? mebbe your glow plugs just have to be replaced..

Glow Plug Relay Timer/Control Unit