New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How do you fill up in a gas station, considering that you have to perform a cool-down for your turbo? Lalo na when you are going to fill up in one of the stations along the north and south expressways after a high speed drive? Do you park first then proceed to the gas pump after cool-down? Or do you fill up with your engine running? Or perhaps you have another style?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm oo nga ano well ako kasi pump up agad, siguro next time magkakape muna kami sa istarbaks
    thanks el presidente

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i always fill up with engine running. ok lang ba yun?
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i fill up while running the engine, although most stations have "turn off engine" signs. IMHO, theres nothing wrong with doing so. Ang stupid ay yung "turn off cellphone" sign! so so stupid :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ako din while running. Pero my mom tells me to turn off the engine while gassing up. Pero pag sakay ko lng mom ko. pag ako lng, sige lng! hehehe. i leave it running.:shock:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I also leave it running. I just don't fill up near gas powered vehicles. Patawarin niyo na lang ako mga kapatid.

Pwede naman gumamit ng cellphone sa gasolinahan as long as it does not contact with fuel fumes. So just close your windows.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir O:: Theres this urban legend that a Gas station supposedly blew up because of a guy used a cell while filling up. This is so not true. High frequency radio signals cant cause ignition. But then again, just dont use the cell, no need to turn it off :D

***baka may sumabog na gas station diyan mademanda pa ako :mrgreen:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    radio waves ba yung cell phones?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pagkakaalam ko, it's the very minute sparks that MAY occur inside a mobile phone that causes the explosions.

So kailangan may continuity between the spark in the mobile phone with the gas pump. Yung gasoline fumes daw ang nagigigng medium of transport ng spark.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ako, park muna a few meters from the gas pump, cool down for two minutes with the aircon off, then move to the gas pump without revving the engine too much. fill up with the engine off (sorry, am a stickler for order).

however, i rarely gas up after a long drive, as i can make it from QC to Tarlac and back on a single tank, with lots of fuel left over. yun lang naman ang regular long trip ko.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Gas Station Technique