New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Hi everyone!
    I drive a '00 Frontier 2.7E na color white. Im planning on buying a new set of wheels. This will be my first time buying kaya wala ako idea about the prices and which store to buy, so might as well get opinions here first para hindi ako
    maloko.
    My tires are Dueler AT 235/75R15. 23+K lang budget ko and I only use my pick-up for city driving. Im interested in the chrome American Racing(or any other brand na OK at mas mura?), not sure about the design and size/width (suggestions please. ). Gusto ko lang lumabas un tires sa fender for a meaner look. Around 1 inch na labas ok na un or ano ba ok para hindi magka-problema?. What size should I buy, 15X8 or 15X7? Meron ba effect ang wider wheels sa handling and magkakaroon ba ito ng problema, e.g : rubbing the fender, tension on suspension/other parts? Should buy alloy or steel?
    Lastly, saang stores OK bumili na mataas mag presyo sa trade-in ng stock wheels?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Freddie's Tire Supply (Evangelista St. Makati - 7504601 look for Jerry)

I would recommend you have the wheel and tire combination of your choice measured and fitted on your ride so as to eliminate guesswork on whether the new combo will create problems with you ride.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    23K is more than enough for your goal IMO. Since you're already using 235/75R15 Bridgestone Dueler a/t's you can very well keep these tires already (no need to upgrade to larger/wider tires anymore).

What you should concentrate on are the rim types you'll consider then: the type of rim that will give your car a wider stance would be one with a negative off-set. A more negative off-set will put the mounting point of the rim deeper so the tires will stick out more.

You can shop for American Racing wheels if you look around Evangelista and Blumentritt. There's also a cheaper but similar brand, AWC. If you're in QC/Cubao, you can check out DKC Tires on P. Tuazon before Ali Mall.

The Frontier 2.7E I use has the OEM 15" rims of a 1995 Nissan Safari on similar 235/75 Desert Duelers and i already achieved a wider stance. I traded in my old, balded tires and rims and shelled out around 14K three years ago (including the tires na).
    Last edited by vinj; September 22nd, 2005 at 05:08 PM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Thanks for the replies! I'll check Freddie's TS and other Evangelista stores this weekend.

vinj, nice to know another Frontier driver. I'm assuming that's your Frontier in nissanbayan gallery? Nice car pare.
    You have the tel.number of DKC? I'll try to call them first before I visit their store. Siguro I'll just have to fit the wheels/tires first to check kung walang magiging problema.
    O/T, I've read in an old thread regarding your shocks mod. What brand nga ulit ginamit mo? Hindi na ba matagtag? Lagi nahihilo un mga pasahero ko sa backseat dahil sa sobrang tagtag.

Thanks again!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    DKC: 421-3549

Yup, that's my Frontier in the gallery (meyo luma yung pic).

The shocks i used are KYB Gas-A-Justs... costs less than 1K in Banawe. The shocks helped in controlling the rebound more but to lessen the jolt in the rear, you'll have to invert one leaf spring "molye".

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    try mo din rota's. Ganda din designs nila. Ako din gusto ko na magpalit ng wider rims and tires. Pwede po ba lagyan ng spacers yun para magmukhang malapad at labas ang gulong? Teka 4x2 ba ride mo lemon? kasi yun gulong ko konti lang space pag nilaparan pa baka sumayad na sa fender flares kaya pinalift ko ng konti, torsion crank lang at palit hangers.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    With 235/75R15's no problem with suspension play. You can crank up the front torsion bars a bit if the front is drooping a bit too low (common setting with most Frontiers). I cranked mine by half an inch just to match the height with the rears.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Sup quiksie, 4x2 un ride ko. Stock ba un nakakabit na mags sa ride mo?

Went to Evangelista last Saturday, walang stock ng AR wheels un mga stores. I'll try Blumenttrit this week.

Sir vinj, I read on NB na meron discount ang Rota for NB members? how do I avail of the 20% off on Rota wheels? Interested ako dun sa Lightning model.

Btw, wala bang Frontier club?
    Thanks for the replies.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Is AMS a good wheel brand? Meron OK na design ng AMS sa Auto Options Timog, kaya lang ang baba ng kuha nila sa stocks wheels ko pag dun ko sa kanila itrade-in.

Would my 235/75R15 AT tires fit on a 15x8/8.5 rims?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemon
    Is AMS a good wheel brand? Meron OK na design ng AMS sa Auto Options Timog, kaya lang ang baba ng kuha nila sa stocks wheels ko pag dun ko sa kanila itrade-in.

Would my 235/75R15 AT tires fit on a 15x8/8.5 rims?
    IMHO, i suggest you go for 18" to 20" mags. if your stock is 15" and you plan to change mags with the same size, better stick to the stock wheel. mas maganda tignan ang original than a new set of wheels with the same size. i saw a frontier kanina with 20" mondera blackhawk mags. astig tignan. also, the closest tire with the same diameter as your stock tire is 255/55/18 tires with a 738 mm diameter. your stock has a diameter of 733.5 mm.

xtrail w/ 18" mondera blackhawk mags
    Last edited by beebs; September 26th, 2005 at 11:03 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Frontier mags...need help...