New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    the thing with mine is, nung nakuha chassis nalang. so we don't really know if it began life as an suv. cuz even my injection pump is a different design from those i see here. the sound of my engine is different too. mas maingay yung local version kapag pareho walang mufflers

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ano ba ideal gear ratio for a Patrol na naka-35" tires?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    di ko alam 5.23?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sa Pajero kasi 5.29's ang pang plus 33" tires nila. Napaisip lang ako. hehehe.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by OTEP
    Sa Pajero kasi 5.29's ang pang plus 33" tires nila. Napaisip lang ako. hehehe.
    Otep, I tried looking for aftermarket ring & pinion for my Strada (4D56tdi) pero wala yata. The only option is to have it customized in Australia (Motorcare 4X4) and the U.S. (Randy's Forged R&P).

According to Motorcare in Australia, the optimal gearing for 33's is 5.21. Have not tried it since the cost of having it customized and shipped in Manila is prohibitive (about U.S.$ 1,850.00).

So, I just bought 32's BFG's for the Strada hehehe!

Buti pa Toyota (Cruisers, and Hi-lux) meron DOWNEY after market R&P's!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Sa patrol siguro with TD42 engine 4.88 or 4.65

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir woodfire,

5.29's are available upon special order from Mister Bishi of www.outdoorwire.com . Medyo mahal nga lang but it will allow you to run 33" tires with ease.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    mag regear nalang kayo ng low range. Ako palang yata ang nakapagkabit ng 38 sa gen I pajero in stock form (no regear) kaya pa nito tumakbo hanggang 70. 33's should be no problem on the street. lowrange nalang kukulangin pag off road.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by OTEP
    Sir woodfire,

5.29's are available upon special order from Mister Bishi of www.outdoorwire.com . Medyo mahal nga lang but it will allow you to run 33" tires with ease.
    Otep, is Mister Bishi a shop or a poster of outdoorwire? Will the 5.29 R&P fit the strada or will he still customize? How much kaya?

Very interesting! If this is the case and the price is reasonable, I'll sell my 32's and replace with 33's!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    33's are usually run satisfactory on stock r&p's. There is just a minute, negligible even, difference between 32 and 33 inchers.

Using a 5.29:1 r&p with your 33's will certainly boost your low end torque and acceleration. If you want your 4 by to be a monster of a climber, crawler and puller, this is the avenue you should take! HOWEVER, The downside is reduced fuel economy (very significant) and higher power band.

I'd settle for 4.88:1 OR 4.56:1 if you want to roll those 33" donuts effectively.

Or if you want good street mileage, you could just regear the transfer case to a LOWER SET. You only get it's benefits (and the warts) when you shift to low range. It's cheaper BUT there is that annoying question if it is available for your rig.

Happy trails!
    Last edited by Freeman; July 21st, 2003 at 04:32 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Final Drive Gear Ratios