New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Now this is confusing. Based form the vehicle leaflets, the Nissan Patrol has 1041 = 4.11 transaxle gear ratio which is right for diesel engines. But the body stamp and vehicle manufacturer's plate indicates 1033 = 3.375 ratio. Earlier year models as much as 3-4 years before had 1416 = 1.6?? ratio? Now that is impossible! :whoa:

Do you think it is a right move to switch to 4.88 for that needed extra push?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    to make sure, but it wont be easy, is to open up the differential -count the teeth of the ring and divide it by the number of teeth of the pinion.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    One tough job, if you ask me. And if I decide to open it up might as well bring those 4.88 gears and operate it at your shop. :D

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    OT. comment on the GQ patrol.

The anti-roll bar for the rear coil suspension was an innovation in that it can be disconnected (without the driver leaving the cab) so that it does not interfere with large axle movements off-road.

better find some in the surplus shop.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by ARB
    OT. comment on the GQ patrol.

The anti-roll bar for the rear coil suspension was an innovation in that it can be disconnected (without the driver leaving the cab) so that it does not interfere with large axle movements off-road.

better find some in the surplus shop.
    I have read somewhere that this feature is on the GU series. No news yet on GQ surplus stores.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May rear swaybar disconnect nga ang Patrol. Its in my Aussie service manual.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Ungas, try this:
    mark the tire on one side then count how many rotations of the drive shaft equal one rotation of the tire.
    Di ito exact if you want it more specific, count how many drive shaft rotations make 10 wheel rotations. the more times you count the more precise.
    so kung gusto mo to 2 decimal places, x.xx, youll have to count how many driveshaft rotations in 100 tire rotations.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The Phil spec Nissan Patrol Safari with the TD42 has 4.56 gears.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    johnqpublic318::: If that's the case, then why can't I maintain my speed at about 120km/h on 5th gear with 33" on stock wheels?

I'm sure I overheard someone said that Phil spec Patrols were CBUs. Maybe Universal Motors fitted some models with what's left from other countries?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    what do you mean cant maintain the speed? it can reach higher than that i suppose. my friend's safari with the same tires can still reach 135km/h.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Final Drive Gear Ratios