New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ser lui,

how much is the cost for cleaning the gas tank?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    possible causes:

fuel filter
    air filter
    strainer
    i.p.

just coordinate with me. call me up at the shop and id be willing to take a look into. ill be at the shop on thursday for sure.

hanson
    732-2786

pls take note, there are actually 2 strainers for the i.p. one is in the supply and the other is at the delivery side which we can't clean unless we pull down the pump.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sir dakila lam ko 250 po e... grabe badtrip kc 8k+ ung gastos ko sa calibration buti nlang ganun linis lang pla ng tanke kailanagan...

btw d pa sure ung 250 post ulit ako myang gbi 2log po muna ako...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ser lui,

buti at less than 10k ang gastos mo sa recalibration... other shops charges more than twice as much. Salamat na rin sa approximation ng pagpapalinis kasi baka maoverpriced ako eh.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the cost of calibration varies according the number of part replaced. some of you guys may have spent only 5k, 8k while others may have spent as much as 15k or even more.

let me explain.

calibration costs are composed of labor chagrges and parts charges. the big difference usually lies with the parts charges because the number of parts and quality of parts may be a factor to the cost of the calibration.

as an example, an l300 van with 4d56 engine can cost roughly around 8k to 9k. it includes common major parts and minor parts for replacement and also the labor charges. however, the cost may go higher when there are more major parts that needs to be replaced.

BUT, a big 'BUT' there for... 4ja, 4jb, 4be, 4jg2 engine owners. these type of engines can cost more when being calibrated because the nozzle tips of these engines are very very expensive. if 4d56 can cost you 8k then this one may cost you 12k to 13k.

direct injection nozzle tips costs higher than short type nozzle tips (with pre-combustion). other than being direction injection, later models like the 4jg2 (even if it's not direct injection) can cost quite high.

if guys want to compare prices between calibration shops, do consider the number and quality of parts that will be used, labor charges, and the quality of job (if they follow factory-set specifications). comparing the total amount is not accurate enough.

calibration A may charge you 9k while calibration B may charge you only 8k but with much less parts (which may mean other parts can be priced higher than usual).

i hope you guys understand my explanation.

cheers!

hanson, David

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sir dakila 350 dw po bnayad ni erpat dun sa linis ng tangke.300 lang dw e mdyo psikat.... nga po pla gusto nio po ba plitan ung fan motor ng a/c nio? ung sa likod? kc gnawa ko dti sa L3 ko yun dti hina kc hangin e.... la lang suggestion lang po.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
difficulty at 100kph