New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Have you peeps experienced that knocking sound whenever you release the clutch? :?: Say hello to diff backlash! :D

Anyway, what is one supposed to do to rectify this situation, short of replacing the rear diff :?:

Both my RAV4 (SX) and Paj show symptoms of this.

As always, comments and ideas are greatly appreciated :wink:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup, nangyari na sa akin ang ganyan with my old Sentra Series 2. While driving sa expressway nag-knock then clash ang gears. Nag-leak pala tranmission oil ko at iyon kumatok transmission. Palit kami bago ng time na iyon. Check mo transmission/gear oil level mo baka mababa or you may need to change it. I hope this helps. Goodluck.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks! im thinking of changing the gear oil to 140 viscosity from 90. Ok kaya?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Maganda din ang less viscosity oil for smoother shifting.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Check your crossjoints first. Your rides are relatively new. Unless you always drive like a rabbit. Keep your gear oil at 90. :mrgreen:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    alfred::: ano effect pag nag 140 ako na oil? :?:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nadinig ko sa ilan na medyo daw stiff ng kaunti ang shifting. Pero I doubt this.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if thats true then k siguro thicker oil for diffs which are rather worn out, dont you thnk? :D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    update lang:::

To my pleasant surprise, the sound i was hearing WASNT backlash! :shock::shock::shock: During my overhaul, the clutch was found missing a spring and was therefore replaced. Hayun!!! Nawala ang tunog :D:D:D

Now if only the same can be done to out RAV...... (this ones definitely backlash )

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thicker oil means heavier load. Like comparing evaporated and condensed milk.:wink:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
DIFFERENTIAL BACKLASH