New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Sana may diesel engine na amoy gasolina ang usok hehehe!!!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by likot
    Sana may diesel engine na amoy gasolina ang usok hehehe!!!
    Sabihin mo bro yung walang amoy...e di yung CRDI, hehe!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Why we don't see many diesels sedans here in RP?

Car buyers are looking for 2 things: 1) sophistication, 2) convenience of ownership. Here in the Philippines, the level of refinement of "new technology" diesels is just way too pricey to justify the engine's inherent fuel economy. In other words, for the same amount of performance and quietness, a CHEAPER gas-powered car is by far the much easier to live with than a highly sophisticated turbocharged, electronically-controlled, pilot-injection type, counterbalanced, diesel-powered sedan.

The second reason is image; the person who could afford such a diesel would rather own an equally sophisticated V6 or V8 gas-powered car.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    about the person you're talking about? They're driving BMW 530d's...

Diesel becomes a valid choice for these people at the point where the diesel car performs as well as, or better than, similar gas powered cars.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    In europe Diesel cars are surpassing Gasoline fed ones. Even preformance wise the newer diesels are better than their gasoline ocunterparts. Pinoy mentality of diesels are still about it being noise, dirty, etc. I just read an advertisment of BMW diesels which tried to displace the pinoy image of diesels. What we should see here are the mini/small cars with diesel engines, these are the cars that can do 30-40km/L.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadetree MKNX
    Why we don't see many diesels sedans here in RP?

Car buyers are looking for 2 things: 1) sophistication, 2) convenience of ownership. Here in the Philippines, the level of refinement of "new technology" diesels is just way too pricey to justify the engine's inherent fuel economy. In other words, for the same amount of performance and quietness, a CHEAPER gas-powered car is by far the much easier to live with than a highly sophisticated turbocharged, electronically-controlled, pilot-injection type, counterbalanced, diesel-powered sedan.

The second reason is image; the person who could afford such a diesel would rather own an equally sophisticated V6 or V8 gas-powered car.
    you are right

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Yes sayang wala na masyadong sedan, I still have my sentra diesel Ok parin sya.
    A few year ago I had a chance to go to Italy, My italian friend had a Lancia which was diesel the car was great it runs like the gasoline except for the noise of the engine. I think its more expensive to have a diesel sedan than an auv made since the sedan would only carry only 5 PASSENGERS while the auv 8 or more.
    Busy road was asking for a diesel na walang amoy we can use biodiesel amoy french fries ang emission nyan. Palege lang gutom ang mga commuters when they smell it. Sana ma sponsor ng Mc Do yung biodiesel para bumaba ang presyo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Diesel Sedans