New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ok. I was mentioning before na meron akong pending transmission repair, and a/c repair, which will give me a grand total of $5,100 for parts and labor if I had it done this summer, but i decided that a replacement would be better. Now this car isn't new on the market or anything, but it's the baby cousin of the GX470. Here they are!:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You got a 4Runner in place of the GX? The 4Runner's a nice rig with quite a following especially in the US. What 4wd system did you get? Is the rear difflock available? Congratulations.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Nope. kept the GX. 2 reasons for the 4Runner, one, pending tranny problem of the 97 odyssey, and the super high gas prices. The GX has VERY BAD gas mpg, so the 4Runner gives me better mpg. It's only a 2wd V6 kasi kung V8 4wd ang kinuha ko, then it won't be much different than the GX.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    The 2wd 4Runners come with a Limited Slip Differential. That's all. The GX has all of the works, Vehicle Skid Control, Limited Slip Differential, Downhill Assist Control, Hill-Start Assist Control, Air suspension, and other offroad things that I never use!!!!!!

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    I was happy that at 300 miles, I got 17.6 mpg. Sticker says 18 for city, so not bad. Medyo na baby ko ang driving, but once in awhile, those jackrabbit starts come into play.

Definitely a SUV family now