New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo_mouth2
    new hilux and dmax are part time 4x4 and doesent have center differential. it'll be waste of fuel and tires when running on pave/cemented with 4x4 engaged and doesent have center diff...
    Not to mention a waste of drivetrain! Having 4x4 engaged on the pavement will wear out the gears very quickly.

ang dmax/hilux ay mga part-time..true,walang central differential..

as i recall...
    un patrol(safari series) lockable central diff nyan(may switch somewhere in the dash.)for offroad use

ung sa 2nd gen++ pajero may central diff(3rd gen may VCU) yan(4H) lockable din(4HLc),kaya pwede dinang pajero as full-time 4wd.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy
    ...as i recall...
    un patrol(safari series) lockable central diff nyan(may switch somewhere in the dash.)for offroad use...
    Correction po:
    GQ or Y60 Patrol Safari series never had center diff lock. Maybe you were pertaining to differential locks alone. Which locks the rear axles left and right to keep the engine power equal to both tires of the vehicle.

Center diff lock per se, is located inside the transfer case which locks transfer of power to front and rear propeller shafts. Which can also be compared with part time 4WD which is always locked when engaged in 4WD mode, high or low gear.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT: ano yung 4HLc ng pajero?
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    4HLc
    4 High Locked Center )differential

guys driving on a 4H in a part time 4WD vehicle is NOT SAFE, so wag ninyo nang isipin ang wear and tear drivetrain.

imagine paliko ka from a busy highway then suddenly nagka binding effect at may mabilis na car sa other side... kaboom!!! now would you worry about drivetrain???

Quote Originally Posted by Ungas
    Correction po:
    GQ or Y60 Patrol Safari series never had center diff lock. Maybe you were pertaining to differential locks alone. Which locks the rear axles left and right to keep the engine power equal to both tires of the vehicle.

Center diff lock per se, is located inside the transfer case which locks transfer of power to front and rear propeller shafts. Which can also be compared with part time 4WD which is always locked when engaged in 4WD mode, high or low gear.
    thanx po sir Ungas...siguro nga rear diff lock un...matagal na kasi ko nadikit sa loob ng safari,e..much na ako sa mitsu 4wds,e..

ask ko lang din....diba ok mag-"4H" ang partime-4wd when in gravel/unpaved roads?been doing it going to palayan city...sa shortcut para iwas sa bayan ng cabanatuan...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    it is ok to use 4h on gravel and unpaved roads. kung di pwede dun then there is no use for our off road capabilities. i think what kimpoy meant was using 4h on paved and normal roads.

just wanna clear myself din,e....unpaved gravel stretch kasi ung road(along with dump trucks)kasi on 2H mode there lots of swaying especially * 60kph++..mahirap kasing mapasunod sa dumptruck,walang makita because of dust..kaya obligadong bumilis..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The system in the Pajero is a true full time system with an 'off' switch (2H) in case you do not want 4WD. In 4H (unlocked C/D), the Pajero is operating in the same manner as a RAV4's 4WD is. Constant power to all wheels but at a variable ratio between front and rear axle (to eliminate binding).

The DMAX and Hi-Lux do not have such capabilities.

Btw, I'm back to 2H for the meantime. Kapag inclement weather or off-roading ko na lang ginagamit ang 4x4. Though I try to use it at least a few days in a month.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
D Max/ New Hi Lux full time 4x4?