New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Did they remove the last 2 springs (2 shortest springs) & change the shackles?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2003

3. Join Date
    Apr 2003

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Originally posted by Marantz
    We're planning to sell our strada and get the 4x4 dmax. Our agent said its not at all bumby unlike the fuego. ...but if you say that the strada has a better ride, then it must be super bumpy sa dmax. Haven't riden in one, but it certainly looks more comfirtable at the back than the strada. Btw my strada is the 2001model. Is it worth it ba talaga to get the DMAX considering the price of 1,330,000?
    if not for the bouncy ride, yes it is. i got my dmax for eight months. and sure it was cool. my regrets is that i got the 4X2 variant.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    I inspected the rear springs of the newer D-Maxs which had the Flexiride/Flex plus suspension system a few weeks back at an Isuzu dealership. Indeed, they only had 5 leaf springs on each side, so I had the 2 shortest springs removed from our D-Max's rear leaf spring pack several days ago. The ride is still as bouncy as before. Guess I really have to save up for those OME shocks.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    in my dmax, i inverted 3 springs, took out one and placed a rancho rs9000, the ride is so smooth na for a pick up

7. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Congrats on the DMAX. Yup! The dmax is trully bouncy... well, it's a pickup truck so I was'nt expecting anything when we got it... my brother in law got his head bumped on the roof when I went over a small hump on our way to Nueva Ecija. Its that bumpy at the rear sears. We were'nt carrying anything on the back. But unlike our box type strada we got in 97, my back does'nt hurt on long drives. However, its sure darn tough. I went over a couple of huge potholes at hi way speeds.
    Last edited by cardo; November 3rd, 2005 at 09:08 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
D-Max bouncy ride