stiff but not harsh

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    original ng D-max are gas shocks.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    gas shocks na ba?
    i havent driven one yet.

well... ganyan talaga ang pickup matagtag.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    yes gas shocks, so as the trooper na naka 4jx1tc dont know sa naka 4jg2. ranger 4x4 gas also.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    gas din sa trooper 4GJ2
    for me ma-alon pa n ga eh,

rancho 5000 siguro para mas firm.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    the bouncy ride of the d-max will always be there since it has a lot of leaves in the spring pack. i saw one straight from the casa with five left, they modified it from the casa because of the complaints. unless you still have the orig 7 pack its either you modify it or contend with its ride.

if you want to maintain the ride of the trooper without the watery ride and better handling on curves i strongly suggest you to install OME's. this will maintain the smooth ride without the harshness but with the feeling of secured overtaking manuevers, common problem of the troopers is that its damping is too soft for the vehicle. if you install KYB's the result would be the same as stock lang, that unsecured feeling when overtaking/ changing lanes.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    We're planning to sell our strada and get the 4x4 dmax. Our agent said its not at all bumby unlike the fuego. ...but if you say that the strada has a better ride, then it must be super bumpy sa dmax. Haven't riden in one, but it certainly looks more comfirtable at the back than the strada. Btw my strada is the 2001model. Is it worth it ba talaga to get the DMAX considering the price of 1,330,000?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    in our experience, reversing the leaf spring has been the best solution in removing the rear bounciness of our nissan pickup, even with OME shocks all around, the rear was still bouncy before the reversal. about the load capacity, we've hauled very heavy things and its still alright, if youre not going to haul things everyday then i think reversing the leaf spring wont be such a thing to worry about..

9. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Just had the overload springs of our D-Max reversed last weekend but the improvement in the ride is not dramatic. I'd say only 10% of the bounciness was reduced, I guess the springs would have to be reduced just like what ARB said. :confused:

10. jondy is offline Tsikot Mindanao Chapter Moderator
    bawasan nyo nlng po tire pressure nyo... bka masyado lang po matigas...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
D-Max bouncy ride