New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by explorer
    that link is showing the total deaths per models, but it doesn't statistically show the percentage per volume sold. if i compute it right:

Toyota Avalon - 60 deaths (least deaths, but is that the safest?)
    Ford F-Series - 238 deaths (most number of deaths, but is that the unsafest?)

let's see....there's no number of accidents per model recorded, so we have no choice but use the number of units sold per model:

toyota avalon - 30,000 units sold per year (my best guess, but i would beat it can hardly reach that figure)

ford f150 - 800,000 units sold per year

given the above data:

toyota avalon - 60 deaths / 30,000 units sold = 0.002 or 0.2%
    ford f150 - 238 deaths / 800,000 units sold = 0.0002975 or 0.02975%

...so the ford f150 is 10 times safer (0.02975% vs. 0.2%) than the toyota avalon (which has the least number of deaths) if computed based on the number of units used (sold) assuming all the units sold have accidents and those presented deaths are true.
    ang galing mo fafa!! kuhang-kuha mo!

yan din ang iniisip ko kanina habang binabasa ko ang thread na to.

feeling ko nga paninirang puri lang tong ginagawa nila or.. para masabing matibay ang kalaban.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    sheesh...how sad...why not compare with the big guys? now that would probably help out their credentials.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kiper
    ang galing mo fafa!! kuhang-kuha mo!

yan din ang iniisip ko kanina habang binabasa ko ang thread na to.

feeling ko nga paninirang puri lang tong ginagawa nila or.. para masabing matibay ang kalaban.
    kiper, mali ang computation ni explorer dahil hindi nya nabasa na per million cars ang basis nila.
    Signature

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Crash test comparo MINI vs F 150