New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Peeps, tagal na ako bisita d2 but first time to post. I have one of those converted vans, which have received a lot of bad press. Mine is a Liteace turbo diesel from Subic. Had it since Dec 2001, ok naman. Tanong ko lang kung meron pang iba d2 with converted vans, and ung experience ng iba. Tnx

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Welcome to tsikot! :D Kung maganda naman po ang conversion at alaga sa sasakyan I'm sure you'll have minimal problems. :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    we have a converted vehicle, isuzu MU.

i've used it pang-offroad. ok naman. very minimal problems.

that depends kung saan mo nakuha yung unit mo. we got ours from a shop that was already in the business for a very long time na.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    The guys are right as long as the conversion is done right, and everything was checked you'll have no problems with it.

actually sideline ko yan, I acquire, then fix them up and sell it

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Question lang: ok bang pang off road mga 4x4 na converted vans? hindi ba tataob mga yan dahil mas malaki ang height kesa width ng sasakyan? especially yung mga mitsubishi exceed ata yun?
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    boybi,

Ok lang naman sa off-road kasi mabagal ang ang takbo and no sudden maneuvers. The lifted jeeps are still higher, narrower and shorter than the Delicas (Exceeds). Ang problem lang is masyadong maraming portruding parts sa ilalim. Yung gas tank, rear a/c, etc. masyadong mababa and will frequently make ground contact.

Wala din silang skidplates on most areas.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    hybrid,

saan shop mo? i got a local dashboard kc to replace the existing one (RHD na pinutol) on my subic liteace. hindi ko pa nakakabit ung local dashboard ko.

Re the Delicas, I understand they are equipped with stabilizer bars, so limited ung body roll during cornering. The downside of the stabilizer/sway bars of course is that wheel travel is limited during those occassional off-road excursions.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    2cturboy,
    Sa may monumento kami, but sorry, may gawa kami ngayon, mostly sarili naming conversions, kasi we sell trucks din w/c is my family's main business

Converted vans