New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    don camote, hindi kasama steering column as far as i know. regarding your other queries, i'll leave that to the experts.

2. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Originally posted by fierari
    pwede namang manood lang e malay mo mapabili ka. pero kailangna may 100k na bond ka para maka bid.
    100k? Bond palang mahirap na. Hehe...

Sige, will check on it this weekend nalang siguro.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Alam ko pwede naman mag window shopping sa auctioned units. Yung bayaw ko pag walang magawa, nagiikot sa mga shops.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by DonCamote
    Dun ba sa 10k, you are only talking about the steering column and dashboard, tama po ba?

Once tested a converted Pajero 3door 2g but I did not come to like it for these reasons...
    1. I'm worried about the quality of work (but then again reading your posts e baka 10k is good enough insurance to go for the experts)

2. The side mirrors cannot be oriented to LHD, is this easy to remedy? like just replace them?

3. It's manual and the stick is kinda far since dati pang RHD, is there any remedy for this? Is it practical na i-suite ito sa LHD in the first place?

Sana kayong mga sanay jan sumagot naman.

Cheers to you all!
    I don't really know what 10K covers. When woodfire got a GEN II Pajero steering column in Apalit, it cost him around Php 7K, I think.

1. If you have a hard time assessing the quality of the work, try to stick with local units. Understanding vehicles is a skill you need. Buying converted is sort of like an adventure, not a trip to the grocery. Do not trust anyone in terms of quality. Because, ultimately it will be you and your family who are going to use the vehicle. Not the mechanic.

2. Side mirrors can be replaced with ones configured for LHD. But they can be expensive at time. Buti pa ang Toyota, usually REVO side mirrors work on almost any model. Hehehe.

3. Nasa gitna ang stick ng Pajero. The only stick that differs between LHD and RHD is the one for the transfer case (4x4). Talagang malayo ang stick ng Pajero. After all, it is a truck. You could try going for an automatic if the shifter location is inconvenient.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Originally posted by DonCamote
    2. The side mirrors cannot be oriented to LHD, is this easy to remedy? like just replace them?

Yup you can replace side mirror assembly

3. It's manual and the stick is kinda far since dati pang RHD, is there any remedy for this? Is it practical na i-suite ito sa LHD in the first place?

if it's a/t it depends on the car, yung iba pwede yung iba hindi
    if it's m/t, No

fierari/krscla,
    you can watch the auction, even inspect unit, just walk in.
    but if you plan to bid, you need to place a P100K bond

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Converted SUVs