New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Mga kapatid,

Just got the results of the compression test for my Pajero 1995. Sa dry test 260 (ano bang unit of measure nito kaya - psi?). Tapos sa wet daw ay 300. That means na may difference na 40 na sabi ng technician yun daw ay more than the tolerance level of say 10. I still have to get the written results, but this was dictated to me over the phone.

Though he also said that the compression rate is not alarmingly low kaya lang may blow by nga na 40 (?).

What do you think guys? Anyone familiar with these figures and how to interpret them? Do I need to overhaul - as the technician suggested? Does anybody know of the normal compression levels for a Pajero 4d56 tdic engine? What do these numbers mean?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Interpreting those numbers depends on what engine you're testing. Each engine has factory-specified cranking compression level that you can compare your readings to. The numbers are in PSI.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002

4. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Salamat sperdu! May alam ka po ba kung saan makabili ng compression gauge para sa diesel engines. Mukhang puwede naman pala itong DIY eh.

From the website you refered, sabi mga 200 psi ang normal, pero iba ba sa diesel. Bakit 260 psi yung sa akin?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pwede talaga yang DIY kung compression test lang.. I also learned that last month ng kumuha ako ng Basic car maintenance sa Meralco Foundation... Simple lang naman basta importante alam mo mga specified compression para sa engine mo.

Compression Test Numbers/Results - meaning pls?