New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    sa jeepney naman nde yun impact papatay sayo kundi yun matutulis at matitigas sa loob ng jeepney.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Thats true a vehicle with alot of safety features are more expensive..well this just urges us to drive more safely..we should always have our thinking caps on especially with loved ones on board.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    i wouldn't mind driving along with a full rollcage around me and HANS and helmet on. hehehe.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    thats why its made in tsina..

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Nag order na kaya si Vandolph nito?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowjip
    But sometimes a look at a jeep and i imagine if you all seats facing forward and put proper seatbelts and upholsture the inside similer to a van i think it might be a little more safer dont you think?because the main problem with jeeps is its all bare metal no upholstary to cushion impacts..
    Another problem would be that these vehicles don't protect the passenger cabin at all.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by carlocaraddict
    The JiangLing Landwind gets 0/5 on crash test

crash test pics
    EG, you've got company!
    Last edited by squala; October 23rd, 2005 at 01:22 AM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Well at least you're safe from carjackers.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    guys, get real. it seems that almost all the replies in this thread are fueled mostly by the stereotype that "Made in China" products are inferior... in other words, that the vehicle performed badly in the offset barrier crash test simply because it's made in china by chinese workers.

as otep has noted, most truck-based SUV's perform poorly in such a demanding test as an offset barrier test (the offset test is of course, much more difficult to pass than the standard full frontal crash test). and also, that an offset barrier test is NOT required in government safety certification for vehicles (not even in the US or Europe)

kahit 1997 Ford F-150 ganyan din yung result sa offset crash test. same with the 1997 Chevy Venture. (to name just two) yung gen2 pajero din ata masagwa din yung result hehe.

I don't think it's a "made in china" issue.
    good post

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Chinese SUV gets 0/5 on crash test