New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    I read in a mag that pouring a little Auto Tranny Fluid in the intake of your engine can remove carbon deposits.

If I remember right, yung method nito was to put a small tube in the ATF bottle then putting the tube sa intake. Then allow lang the vaccuum of the engine to suck the ATF. DO NOT POUR INTO INTAKE!

It works when the cold ATF hits the hot carbon, The carbon deposits break off. From what I heard ganun din ang style ng carbon clean. pero different liquid.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    intake, meaning papuntang filter? Nung nagpacarbon clean kasi ako, sa injectors dumaan ang solution...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMHO, carbon deposits can and will only break up by something combustible placed in the combustion chamber. I don't think the ATF is combustible and will be able to break up the carbon inside your chamber.

Now with Carbon Clean, from the smell of the chemical alone, one will know that's it's really combustible. Different engines have to different reactions to Carbon Clean. One Highlander emitted liquified carbon sa muffler. A Fuego, literally spewed out carbon, as in yung small chips.

Doc Diesel
    p.s. but then again, you can always try. pag nasira, mas malaking damage just because you want to save..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Doc Diesel, yung Cagayan de Oro branch ng Betan ba is also offering this carbon clean services?

HKfoam

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    HKfoam,
    no, our cagayan de oro doesn't offer carbon clean yet as market take up during our survey was very low.

Doc Diesel

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Thats why I never tried. I don't want to rid my engine of carbon. It keeps everything fit and tight. High mileage na eh. baka bigla ako mag blow by

Nope di dadaan ng air cleaner

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ano ba itong carbon clean... magkano ba 'to sa betan?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    benny010,
    prices of carbon clean varies on engine model and size.

Doc Diesel

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how much for 2003 trooper 3.0?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    benny010,
    pm mo na lang ako.

Doc Diesel

Carbon CLean for 50 pesos