New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dudes,

I just read in the Phil. Daily Inquirer that Caltex will introduce it's top of the line diesel oil, Caltex Delo 400. It's rated at API CI-4 and SAE 15W-40. Sabi nga it exceeds API CI-4. Mukhang ok ito. What do you think? Pero walng nabanggit kung available ito in 1 liter and 4 liter containers. Previously sa kotse.com nabanggit na available ito in pail and drum containers. Tingin ninyo they will market this in 1 liter and 4 liter pails?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I forgot to add. With a API CI-4 rating, this is currently the highest rated diesel engine oil in the local market.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's nice to see that the oils we get are gettng better (on paper at the least). Now if only they would increase the quality of our fuel some more...

The oil i use now (mobil delvac) is API CH-4...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    vinj,

Regarding fuel mapatupad lang ang Clean Air Act sa Jan. 2003 ay siguradong gaganda at lilinis both gas and diesel fuels natin. Sa gasoline thsy plan to lower the aromatics and benzine components. Sa diesels ibababa further sulfur content from 0.2% to 0.05%. Sana mapatupad at huwag ipagpaliban. :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Delo 400 is Caltex finest diesel engine lube its been around for about 2 years but as you said available only in commercial/industrial packaging sizes.

Yes, it will come out very soon. In smaller packages. It'll probably be marketed as a premium oil and will probably bear the Chevron logo also. As many know, Chevron Texaco and Caltex are merged.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks for the info Sir Freeman. :D Paglabas nito siguradong nasa engine ko na ito sa next oil change. :D

Caltex Delo 400