New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    ARB,

Re OME: I'm wondering though why you are recommending that I change my front 2 shocks first rather than the rears first (Isuzu DMAX)?

Please enlighten. Thanks.
    based on our experience, we recommend the front first if customers dont want to buy the whole set. the rear suspension of pick-ups being hard in nature pushes the front suspension, so you need to better shock dampening in front to help control the push of the rear suspension. also cornering/handling is improved during turning at speed and when encountering uneven surfaces like sa mga foot of the bridge, flyovers the front wont go up and down and up and down several times.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ARB,
    So the front suspension OME setup for pickups is really more on the control aspect of the rig, the way I understand it.

What if I want it to be more comfortable?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    it rides just like the originals only that it does not bounce as much, its more controlled. as to how big the difference in improvement depends on each person.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Advantage din kung adjustable and shocks, you can adapt to different road conditions. I experienced this coz i travelled frequently from QC to our province in Leyte with my Pajero, some portions in Samar had a long stretch of rough roads and switching to 'hard' setting, I felt the suspension really responded to rocks and potholes.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    nalito na ako sir ARB so ano po pwede ko gawin to improve the ride and maintain the superb handling????

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ride comfort and handling is always a balance. You must really compromise between one or the other.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A friend of mine replaced the stock adjustable shocks on his Gen 2.5 Pajero with Bilsteins. Body roll was reduced. Ride with 18" rims on Bilsteins was about the same as Hard setting on 18" rims and stock shocks. Now that he's on stock rims, the ride has improved alot.

Another friend installed Big Dog shocks on his current gen Patrol. Ride improved alot, according to his Mom, coz she was the one sitting in it most of the time. I haven't tested it yet personally and I don't know which of the 9 settings it's on though. It has an option to connect to an in-cabin adjustment module. But the price of the module is almost the price of 2 shocks already. Perhaps if you're a hardcore off roader on weekends and on-roader during the week, you'll have a justification for something like an in-cabin controller. Otherwise, I don't see the need for it.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    you will appreciate it more the more you use it.

this is the gen2 that we worked on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Cabin adjustable SUV suspension