New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    [SIZE="4"]What is the best car to buy in PI that have a good mileage, can survive with all the bumps on the road, gas efficient, parts to buy for the new car. Are Shems van, Isuzu, and Jeep a better car to get? I am driving now a F150 truck in US but when I moved to PI i have to sell my pick up truck and maybe buy a small pick but i am not sure what to get that is feasible for the area. I will be retiring in Leyte or Cebu soon and cannot wait. [/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    if you after pickup trucks or travel off road alot.. i guess a mistubishi strada would do..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia View Post
    [SIZE="4"]What is the best car to buy in PI that have a good mileage, can survive with all the bumps on the road, gas efficient, parts to buy for the new car. Are Shems van, Isuzu, and Jeep a better car to get? I am driving now a F150 truck in US but when I moved to PI i have to sell my pick up truck and maybe buy a small pick but i am not sure what to get that is feasible for the area. I will be retiring in Leyte or Cebu soon and cannot wait. [/SIZE]
    You make it sound like you're going to retire in the mountains.

Anyway, you could choose a Toyota Hilux if it fits your needs.

http://www.toyota.com.ph/cars/new_ca..._imv/specs.asp

Regarding fuel of choice, diesel fuel is cheaper than gasoline in the Philippines because of fuel subsidy on diesel.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; February 8th, 2010 at 08:58 AM.

buying a new car