New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by kiper
    naku..may masama yatang binabalak si fafa..bibili na yata ng bakal na umiikot..ayaw mo na ng bakal na matigas?
    Bad daw eh, kaya bebenta ko na lang then back to stock na lang. :D

Originally posted by MAXBUWAYA
    matagal ko na ngang issue sa australia iyan, nabasa ko dati sa aking paboritong pahayagan, nagkakaroon ng mentality ang mga tsuper na tangke o buldozer ang dala nila

Kayo mga SUV peeps ganoon ba kayo?
    Come to think of it, that's a nice idea! Thanks for reminding, hehehe.

You know it was a joke, right? :whoa:

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Ano kaya yung type ng plastic na ginamit? IMO, kung polyurethane plastic similar to that used for Glocks and HKs ang ginamit, I think OK na rin. I heard that this type of plastic can withstand extreme pressure and hostile condition, not to mention that it is lighter compared to steel or metal (except titanium maybe).

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung plastic ang bullbars aba! maraming Caviteño ang magugutom, babagsak ang industriya ng stainless dito. Kasi wala na din nagpapagawa ng owner puro bullbar na ang ginagawa dito sa amin sa cavite hehehehe

Pero ok sana kung parang mga F1 yung nadudurog upon impact o kaya magkaroon ng crash test at iregualte ang disenyo

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As mentioned this is an old issue in Australia, but it still rages on. Today they are after the bullbar, tomorrow they'll be after the SUV's and trucks.

I ordered a sample of the Smart Bar. It is made from polyethylene plastic (like the snorkels material) with small amounts of metal for an inner frame.

Lousy product. I heard in the event of a collision, it implodes! This product has been available since 1997, yet it has not gained popularity. For one thing it has no winch mounting facility.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Originally posted by Freeman
    As mentioned this is an old issue in Australia, but it still rages on. Today they are after the bullbar, tomorrow they'll be after the SUV's and trucks.

I ordered a sample of the Smart Bar. It is made from polyethylene plastic (like the snorkels material) with small amounts of metal for an inner frame.

Lousy product. I heard in the event of a collision, it implodes! This product has been available since 1997, yet it has not gained popularity. For one thing it has no winch mounting facility.
    Freeman,

Is there a titanium bullbar or the like? Just curious.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir Suzuki,

If they made the bullbars soft, then why install a bullbar in the first place? If you put a bullbar for appearance's sake only then it will be similar to the SUV equivalent of the rice boy. hehehe.

Kung matigas na plastic naman, then it will still, supposedly, 'kill' pedestrians upon impact.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Originally posted by OTEP
    Sir Suzuki,

If they made the bullbars soft, then why install a bullbar in the first place? If you put a bullbar for appearance's sake only then it will be similar to the SUV equivalent of the rice boy. hehehe.

Kung matigas na plastic naman, then it will still, supposedly, 'kill' pedestrians upon impact.
    Doc Otep,

If the plastic material is soft, I agree it won't serve the purpose of having a bullbar. Kung sing tibay at tigas naman na katulad ng plastic used by Glock and Heckler&Koch, I think that's the way to go simply because it is a lot lighter than steel/metal. As regards impact, you would still inflict injuries on pedestrians regardless whether the vehicle is with or without bullbar -- worst case, patay din yung victim kung masama tama.

Bottomline gusto ko bullbar yung libre. :freak:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ako din, gusto ko ng black T15's for my rig. Hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
"Bullbars are Bad"