New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by notEworthy27
    ic, wildthing may kit ban a kasama yun lift na quoted sa iyo? : ) Strada '01 ang ride ko. will there be any changes if papalift ko rin ng 3"?
    hindi uso ang kit dito sa pampanga. The shop is actually a machine shop ng mga offroaders. But the mechanic/owner died na a few months back (ACME shop in Angeles Pamp). There are at least 2 more who do that (body lifting) here.

All Stradas are already on a 2" standard bodylift na ah (compared to most pickups)....why would you want it higher? Note that if you do a body lift or even a suspension lift...you would definitely increase the height of the the center of gravity and it would not be that safe to ride on it fast or on turns.

Kung bigger tires lang naman ang intension mo, I'm sure a 33" with the right rim offset will fit fine na with minor trimming sa mudguard (palitan mo na lang ng plain rubber tutal sasabit lang iyan pagpinang offroad) and minsan sa underside ng bumpers (palitan mo naman ito ng TJM, ARB, Abar na bumpers para ok na )

Now kung ang intentions mo naman is to do some serious off-roading on your vech....might as well get in touch with the owner of RIDE (yung me yellow strada) and get the real macoy (body lift or suspension lift) that would match to your heart content on how high you want your car lifted.

Just my 2 cents.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by notEworthy27
    Mga pipol! Ok ba magpa body lift or pa suspension lift na lng? ano ba ang mga advantages and disadvantages ng body lift/suspension lift? mga magkano kaya aabutin siya? :) thanks!
    i would prioritize suspension lift. although mas magastos.
    advantage, lets you fit bigger tires. improve offroad ability.
    disadvantage, increase center of gravity/ tendency to roll.
    expenses, it depends on the kind of ride you have, the kind of lift you want, the parts you want to install, the shop that will install it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Body Lifts: An advantage or disadvantage?