New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Can someone confirm this please. I have heard that when they convert a RHD Isuzu Bighorn( Trooper) to LHD, there is no cutting, welding and fabricating of the steering components; they just get left hand drive steering parts and drop it in. Is this true?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm...I've seen converted Bighors dati.

Siyempre you have to cut new holes in the firewall. Saan lulusot ang steering shaft, brake master and other components? Tapos plug up mo yung dating hole. New holes have to be drilled for the a/c hardlines din. As for the steering components, hindi ko alam iyan. Madami naman siguro LHD components ang Isuzu dito.

Hindi naman ganun kasimple paglipat ng steering orientation. Sa Australia buong firewall pinapalitan pa.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Oh I see. I guess my question had been answered.

Yup Otep's ryt. You have to do some welding on the firewall to transfer the steering column, AC, brake lines, etc. The steering syst you can buy the da complete LHD na set and have it installed. Critical yung mounting ng steering gear box. Orig LHD gearbox is ca. 9K. Sa U.S, USD100 lang. Idler arm, etc you can buy the orig LHD para walang welding or should I say minimal welding.

Bighorn Query