New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mdpo::: You will need some more tech specs as to viscosity and temp range. Check out this page to view as sample only: click here! We normally recommend LGMT 2 & LGMT 3 for our grease line up. If you want a more suited high speed and high temp grease, a lower viscosity LGHP 2 would definitely fit in. HTH

jkyamog::: Dipende po sa uri ng axle bearing na gamit nyo. Meron kasi axle bearings na pwede i-repack ng grease yung cone without having to press out the cup or lock. Meron din kasing axles na hindi mabubunot ang cone bearing without pressing out the lock first. You will only need to buy replacement lock for the bearings if it will be pressed out, kung hindi pa malaki ang gap ng cone/cup bearing, repacking should save you money. Don't be alarmed when you see tarnished colored metals, karaniwan na po ito sa bearings na kadalasan nalulublob sa baha habang mainit pa or natutuyuan ng grasa. Yes, once the lock is pressed out by force, lumuluwag na ito and it doesn't serve its purpose. Sasabihin ng mga mekaniko pwede pa kung may konting bingot sa ridges. We don't recommend it though, just to be safe. Mahirap mabunutan ng axle sa byahe.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Thanks Ungas

Valuable info that should help me maintain my 2 old cars.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ungas: medyo nahilo ata ako dun sa oil specs ah! hehe tiningnan ko yung lalagyan wala ako makitang specs or grade eh.. panu ba ito? Can you just recommend something good that you personally use for bearing repacking.

thanks.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mdpo::: To save you the hassle of thinking what's best for your daily city driven ride, the brand you posted Liqui Moly grease should be fine. :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehe ok thanks!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Hello Ungas,

I went to Felson today since they are the shop that I buy my daihatsu parts. They are pretty familiar with it. I got my bearings and some other parts. For my bearing repack for the rear axle, I got 2 pcs oil seal, 2 pcs lock (looks like a big ring), 2 pcs bearing (bigger ring).

I have question. They gave me 2 different brands since they could not get the same one. One is NTN, another is Koyo. Both have the same outer and inner circumference but have different ring thickness. So the rubber circle area is different from the two. Common sense say that they should be the same since the only important thing is the outer and inner circumference right? Please kindly verify. Also are those good enough brands?

Since I have already the lock and oil seals, is it still advisable not to change the bearing. I just regrease the original bearing and put the new lock and oil seal? I keep the new bearings just in case the original breaks in the future. I am just thinking about this since the old one are genuine parts and there is nothing really wrong with it, I keep using it. Or in your opinion I replace the working genuine bearing with the new replacement bearing?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bearing width or thickness measurement can be vital if the shaft and workspace is limited to what it used to have, but since we are dealing with lockable shaft axles, pressing the lock back into place will be its crucial point.

Try to test the OE bearings if the cylinder rollers are still intact and rolls smoothly. They should have ~0.5mm tolerance for the grease to move around them. Or you could simply compare the Koyo brand to your existing ones, if it rolls almost the same without excessive misalignment or vibration then it should be fine.

Imo, try to find the same width with the other pack, it will be easier task for your mechanic to work on. NTN is a good and cheaper alternative, but only Koyo brand passes when it comes to quality controls.
    Last edited by Ungas; June 13th, 2004 at 01:08 AM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Thanks for the great added info. Actually they are the same in size. Basically the donut are the same size, the difference is the icing (rubber) in between the rings. Koyo has thicker rings so the rubber is smaller as compared to NTN, which has thicker rubber and slimmer rings. I will try to see if I can ask Felson to replace the ntn bearing with another Koyo.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Are we tackling Diahatsu Feroza rear bearing? For your reference, I've checked on our list: KOY.DG 358021 WYAC4

Rubber shields are just covers, I'd vouch for thicker rings, so that the roller balls will not be dismounted from heavy usage.

Check PM.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Yes its a Daihatsu Feroza. Thanks for the info Ungas, very useful. I have replied to your PM. Ok lang i-post ang prices dito for reference.

Sa mga may Feroza:

Bearing 380
    Lock 250
    Oil Seal 85

I got it sa Felson (pasay Rotonda) since they are familiar with Daihatsu. Look for Henry tell them refered po kayo ni Jun Yamog. Tel 8323547, 8333302, 8339231.

I will post sa DCP boards more details after ko mapagawa na.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
bearing repacking