New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Had my rear drums refaced again this afternoonat the same machine shop that initially did it para wala na added gastos pa. They admitted may konti pa natirang uneveness. Just makes me wonder why they didn't detect it during the first time. Anyway, everythings smooth now. Will continue to observe it. Thanks guys for all your inputs.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pajerokid: Opted to have them re-refaced nalang kasi ang mahal ng rear brake drum para sa Vitara. P5240 original. Wala pang replacement. Huhuhu. Imagine spending more than P10k just to replace both.

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    Originally posted by wiretap_md
    Just came from Bigberts. Vincent was very gracious enough as to allow me use of their lifter. My friend Alan who owns a Vitara also was there to do servicing din. Had my Zuk lifted then I had the rear tires spinned. Felt the vibration so definitely the cause was from the rear drivetrain. Palit kami brake drums with my friend. I installed his drums in mine then test drive. Ayun! Nawala ang vibra. Install ko din brake drums ko sa kanya. Sus...nag vibra din brake pedal niya. Conclusion: Warped rear brake drums.

My next move: either to get a new set of rear brake drums or ibalik ko yung drums where I had it refaced before and have it done again.
    Philip, Have them replaced na lang rather than reface. Baka Di rin ma perfect yun pagkaka reface. Replace them with brand new ones or surplus.

Mike, Have you checked your Propeller Drive Shaft or Cross joints? Lift your car and inspect by turning your rear wheels. The Propeller should be straight and free from dent or clinging dirt or undercoating paints.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    since you guys mention it, i use our vitara today, mdyo feel nga yung surface ng rotors sa pedal pero acceptable naman, di ba ganon sa lahat ng vehicles?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    "Acceptable" is a relative term and very subjective depending on the driver's feel. I am particular with the vibration because it is noticeable pero a bit lang (rate ko 2-3/10). I'm sure OTEP would bash me again for being oc-oc. Hahaha. One thing that was driving me was that I was curious as to what was causing it. I'm glad I finally did. I wasn't ready to spend another P10k for drums kasi baka ma warp lang sa next offroad so might as well stick to my old ones and reface nalang ulit since I paid for the refacing already anyway.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Balik ulit and vibrating brake pedal problem ko...