New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Phil, Try the bearing check (ty to alfred). Jack up the front. hold the 12 and six o'clock ang try to wiggle the tire. pag may kalog even if 1mm lang, sira na bearings.

Jon, uneven tread wear (scalloping) means may sirang pang ilalim. Phil, better check your balljoints while youre at it.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oooops.. na-check na pala

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pajerokid: Hmmm...I'll try to have the bearings checked again. Pero kasi when it was repacked, sabi ng mechanic ok naman daw at walang tagas.

I posted my problem in the Zukiworld Suzuki forum and someone mentioned this suggestion:

You can try this and I've seen it work on a large heavy Bronco running 1-ton axles.

Lift the back end off the ground and let it hang off the ground freely. Secure the frame. Run the drivetrain in 2wd and watch the ds to see if it's out of round, see if the tranny mount is secure, see if the rear axle oscillates, feel the axle for vibrations, see if the shocks mounts are secure, see if the coil is secured; apply the brakes easily at first to try to bring the tires down from speed of 35 mph, see if you can see/feel anything. Then secure the rear axle on stands and the frame off the stands to provide a static load. See if you can determine a source in the rear.
    Then do the same for the front in 4wd and with the rear ds disconnected (watch out for fluid loss since there is no flange on the t-case output).

It could be a bent wheel, loose wheel cylinder, broken brake return spring, broken/loose brake shoe, bent ds, out of round ds, bad u-joint, out of phase joints, bent axle housing, loose suspension component, loose pinion nut, or a bunch of other things.

On the Bronco, it turned out to be a bunch of things, loose track arm mount on axle, crack on frame, worn tie rods, broken tranny mount, and loose u-bolts of the rear ds on the pinion.

What do you think?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    medyo matrabaho yata yung suggestion na yon....kelangan eh sa talyer talaga gawin...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how about a defective hydrovac? vibration may come from the vacumm itself

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    Originally posted by wiretap_md
    pajerokid: Hmmm...I'll try to have the bearings checked again. Pero kasi when it was repacked, sabi ng mechanic ok naman daw at walang tagas.

I posted my problem in the Zukiworld Suzuki forum and someone mentioned this suggestion:

You can try this and I've seen it work on a large heavy Bronco running 1-ton axles.

Lift the back end off the ground and let it hang off the ground freely. Secure the frame. Run the drivetrain in 2wd and watch the ds to see if it's out of round, see if the tranny mount is secure, see if the rear axle oscillates, feel the axle for vibrations, see if the shocks mounts are secure, see if the coil is secured; apply the brakes easily at first to try to bring the tires down from speed of 35 mph, see if you can see/feel anything. Then secure the rear axle on stands and the frame off the stands to provide a static load. See if you can determine a source in the rear.
    Then do the same for the front in 4wd and with the rear ds disconnected (watch out for fluid loss since there is no flange on the t-case output).

It could be a bent wheel, loose wheel cylinder, broken brake return spring, broken/loose brake shoe, bent ds, out of round ds, bad u-joint, out of phase joints, bent axle housing, loose suspension component, loose pinion nut, or a bunch of other things.

On the Bronco, it turned out to be a bunch of things, loose track arm mount on axle, crack on frame, worn tie rods, broken tranny mount, and loose u-bolts of the rear ds on the pinion.

What do you think?

If you want to do that check it would be a lot safer and simpler to do it at a gas station and have the whole car lifted with the wheels free to spin. You can then have all the time in the world to do a series of checks and free space to examine your underbody safely. I did as much with my LC80 and found my own DS was out of balance.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys, how would you know na out of balance na ang driveshaft while the car is lifted? Makikita mo na may wiggle?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As per my advice in 4x4ph: pabayaan mo na lang. don't be so obsessive compulsive about it. hehehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    Wiretap,

I doubt your DS is the problem as the vinration only appears when you step on the brake. I just felt it was to dangerous to be mucking about under the car while it was only jacked up with the engine running.

Find a knowledgeable friend and ask him to test drive the car and see what he thinks.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    I have the same problem for my Gen 2.5. I changed the brake disc rotor and it was solved, but after a few months balik ulit. Im looking for an aftermarket rotor but I havent seen any.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Balik ulit and vibrating brake pedal problem ko...