New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Just happened yesterday and it was really a great day for all. It took place here in Wangal La Trinidad Benguet. I even forgot the exact title of the competition. Anyway, it was organized by the Baguio-Benguet 4x4 club. Broken propeller shafts to engine trouble was the order of the day and even near mishaps. All in all it was a treat. At the beginning of the race, the contestants checked out the tracks. There was a portion of Track A that had a 20 foot or so hillclimb. At the middle of the climb, I'm just guessing, is a 70 degree angle. Seriously, it was steep! Some contestants complained that it cannot be conquered and that it was very dangerous. One of the Benguet 4x4 club member (home track advantage) took his landcruiser and proved to them that it can be conquered. And indeed it can, but the truck was nearly vertical at the midsection. Other things thrown out on the track were tire traps, huge humps and jumps and ridiculous axle benders. Contestants hailed from different clubs from Cagayan to Pampanga and also from the far north. Track B had similar challenges except the hill climb but it had water fording. Here's one rumor I can't confirm, I was all over the place shuttling from Track A to B and back, one contestant conked out at the middle of the climb and slid down and when he attempted to climb it again, he conked out again...one mistake he had made I was told, he didn't adjust his carb for the altitude. So he and his team had to do it at the bottom of the hill. I don't know how to post in our gallery nor attach pics but I hope I did it right. My apologies if I can't get it right. The pics were taken at the controversial climb and at the water crossing. There are just 4 pics.There are 22 more waiting to be developed:D

2. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Here's the link to the pics. Sorry folks, di ko alam mag post ng pics!

http://www.pbase.com/ibaloi/benguet4x4

Sorry din at bitin! May maidadagdag ako soon. I hope I can have them developed this week...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pbase pics cannot be linked or posted in forums. But it's ok, as long as the link to your pbase account is active. Post more pics! :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pre:::grabe ang tarik nun ah. Sa picture parang ang dali, pero by experience mukhang matarik yun climb. More pixs.

ungas:::sana nasa baguio tayo kahapon. D*mn work.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    O nga eh! Napaaga ang uwi ko from Baguio, sana inabutan ko yung competition.

6. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Sana nga nag- extend kayo ng stay dito. The race wasn't even given a decent push from the local media, so we were surprised by the huge turnout of competitors and audiences. I guess word of mouth got it moving. Tiis lang ng konti at i- update ko yung pics.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    was at la trinidad trying to buy some fresh strawberries last saturday when i heard of the 4x4 race at Wangal. I had to go there and watch! ang tindi!

yup, some of the racers commented that the climb was too steep but the guys in the white landcruiser proved them wrong.

unfortunately, i had to leave early as we were leaving baguio that afternoon and my family had to do some more shopping sa palengke.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sir quindoyos,

wala ka bang mga pix? nakalimutan mo naman ang pasalubong bok, hindi ka din nagyaya . . . dala mo ba yung hilux mo ng umakyat kayo ?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Originally posted by atongk
    sir quindoyos,

wala ka bang mga pix? nakalimutan mo naman ang pasalubong bok, hindi ka din nagyaya . . . dala mo ba yung hilux mo ng umakyat kayo ?
    sir atongk,

wala akong dalang camera bok. d na kita nayaya, from davao city, went straignt to baguio city with my family. tsaka isa pa, nalaman ko na lang yun habang bumibili ng strawberry. padalhan na lang kita ng durian candy.

dala ko yung hilux ko kaya lang nag leak yata ang preno at humina banda sa kennon pa. buti na lang may lakbay alalay personnel at na check yung preno.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    last month pa yung invitation ng Baguio-Benguet 4x4 club...sa amen sa LCCP Pampanga chapter...sorry naka limutan ko kayong inform...

nagdala pa ng invitation yung President ng Baguio-Benguet 4x4 club pilay pa sya noon na naka black VX pa nung dumating sa amen sa homebase.....musta na po kaya sya? kilala mo ba sya ibaloi?

sya yung may ari ng yellow land cruiser bj 40 or 41 ...with v6 engine gawa ng isa namin kasama sa LCCP.

grabe kahirap naman pala yan... the same place ba yan nung first competition? hirap daw parking dyan u need to engage 4x4 pa
    Last edited by Jeepcruizerph; April 13th, 2004 at 11:14 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Baguio-Benguet 4x4 club and Castrol challenge