New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Should AUVs be used as Mega Taxis?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3 75.00%
  • No!

1 25.00%
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thought of this thread when I was sitting on the back of an Adventure going home. My knees & feet are hurting from being contorted to a weird position. My shoulder is hurting from banging against the C-pillar while my head is banging against the rear windshield.

PROS

- provides an alternative means of livelihood (especially to those who just sideline as PUV drivers). from family hauler to passenger hauler in an instant.

- can fit in around 10 mid-sized passengers.

- easy to maintain & repair

CONS

- isn't megataxi's illegal in the first place (aren't they registered as metered taxis)? also, most of them are not registered as PUVs. they also eat out the revenues of jeepneys & buses plying the same route.

- a van (especially koreans) can haul more people in better comfort. no knees-against-your-chest sitting position or the dread of being the last to sit on the middle row.

- supresses the development and use of more efficient and/or ingenious mass transportation (e.g. airconditioned jeepneys / minibuses).

AUV taxis are here for years already, since the first Revo came out.

isn't megataxi's illegal in the first place (aren't they registered as metered taxis)? also, most of them are not registered as PUVs. they also eat out the revenues of jeepneys & buses plying the same route.
    so are pedicabs and calesas, as well as collorum buses. As long as people ride AUV taxis I don't see them disappearing anytime soon.

supresses the development and use of more efficient and/or ingenious mass transportation (e.g. airconditioned jeepneys / minibuses).
    Main problem of our transportation system, too many inefficient means of transport, unlike first world countries where there are a number of mass transport systems like subways, bullet trains, etc. But try telling that to them, magwewelga mga yan.

a van (especially koreans) can haul more people in better comfort. no knees-against-your-chest sitting position or the dread of being the last to sit on the middle row.
    I've seen some of them.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    AUV taxis are here for years already, since the first Revo came out.
    as taxis they are God-sent (that was the mid 90s, it was the Tamaraw FX back then). it's a diff thing as MEGA TAXIS.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    sana mawala na yung mga depadyak lalo na sa taft dahil nakakailang sila sa daan at sobrang abala sila..

Now, why won't the LTO do something about it? So they are registered as taxis right?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AFAIK, wala nang Mega Taxi ngayon, meterd taxi na lahat. I that they should stay for a while until more mass transport system comes in. Some folks doesn't want to ride the jeepney, kasi mainit, so let them ride the FX but I think for short distances only.

Mas maluwag nga ang van pero may disadvantage pa rin dahil hirap lumabas yung mga nasa likod. Mainam lang ito for shuttle or garage services like Makati to Cavite.

sa baguio..auv taxis have a 5-seat limit....di sila nagpapasakay sa likod aside from cargo...pero siguro,pag madmi,siguro,pwede.

noon dito sa manila,they operate like that,until such time nawala na at gusto na per-head instead of meter.

for me,ok siya..di maiwasang bumili ka ng gamit na di kasya sa ordinary taxi or madami kayong aalis,e......

8. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    tama! tinanggal nga yun mga bench seats sa likod ng FX's sa baguio ... pero sa terminal ng bus sa baba ng SM, may mga colorum na vans dun hehehe langya mga taxi fx's sa baguio... am bibilis ng mga hayof! parang F1! hehehe

may nakikita ako sa alabang pag dumadaan ako sa SLEX... may mga nissan urvans and hiaces na commuters - those that have 4 or 5 rows ata yun... punong puno! grabe tiba-tiba yun driver hehehe. talagang sulit yun byahe nya!
    Last edited by cardo; March 3rd, 2005 at 10:01 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sa Baguio walang third row ang taxi. Sa sahig ako pinaupo. hehehe. Pero metered ang bayad at hindi per head.

IMHO, AUV's don't really make good taxis. Korean vans na lang. Sliding doors pa and more seats.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

AUVs as Mega Taxis