New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    peeps....

wala lang, i just want to be enlightened. Why do the Aussies hate Japanese Offroaders (the people not the cars)? Its kinda ironic since they essentially gobble up Japanese 4x4s like theyre going out of style. May nabasa ako na meron daw sila (Aussies) nakita na Patrol na meron "4x4 Magazine" sticker. Gusto daw nila pahiramin ng blade na pang-tanggal. :lol:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Basta ang alam ko, banas ang mga Aussies sa JAOS kasi ginagamit ng JAOS yung kangaroo, eh wala namang kangaroo sa Japan. Halatang nakikisakay lang sa popularity of Australian 4X4 products like ARB, TJM, etc.

But the two countries essentially have the same type of off-roading (moguls and stuff not much rock crawling like sa U.S.)

Siguro nakakainis din yung fact that most modified Japanese 4X4's only LOOK like they can go off road but never actually do. Sa Australia, karamihan stock na stock (mahirap kasi lusutan ang laws) pero kung sumabak sa trails, hayup! :mrgreen:

Just my two centavos.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm interesting so what do you call people who mod their 4X4's to look like they go off road but then never use them for off road?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Offroad rice? :lol:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    did you know the word kangaroo is "i don't know" in aborigines language.
    kasi daw noon tinanong ng mga first settlers kung anong animal yun sabi ng mga aborigines... "kangaroo"or "i don't know" sa kanilang native tongue...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok na trivia yon sir Kimpoy!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid
    Offroad rice? :lol:
    ako tuwing may nakikita ako, ito ang lumalabas sa bibig ko: sheesh! :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    craw.....

hehehe.... but lets give them the benefit of the doubt. Di naman natin nakikita kung tala bang nag-ooffroad sila e

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Re JAOS :

JAOS used to mean Japan Australia Offroad Service.

JAOS is TJM Australia's distributor in Japan, they have sold tons of TJM bullbars in that country. You'll know what I mean when you see how much of these bumpers are installed on the Subic used 4x4 lot.

An Aussie friend of mine once commented that 4x4 Magazine is full of crap. He's got a point there, have you ever read an Aussie 4wd mag? It's definitely more educational to read.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    that's true... 4x4Mag is full of crap in a sense... the texts are extremely shallow and vague (perhaps it's because english isn't the first language of the staff, or maybe not). you can have more fun looking at the pictures than reading the texts.

aussie off-road mags like Overlander are the opposite...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
AUSTRALIA VS. JAPAN